Chapter 47: Face to Face

Start from the beginning

Justin's P.O.V.

The phone begins ringing, breaking the silence in the room.

Me, Woodrow, and Fred look at each other. This is it. This has to be Jai calling now. The phone hasn't rung once all week. An now it has, right when Ariana isn't in the room.

"S-Should I answer it?"I ask them and Woodrow nods. Him and Fred are huddling around the speaker connected to the phone, so that when I pick up, they can hear the conversation.

The phone continues to ring as I quickly place Isabelle on the chair, soundly sleeping.

I reach for the phone and hesitantly answer it.

"H-hello?"I ask into the phone.

I hear nothing but silence. I look up at Woodrow and Fred but they shrug their shoulders, confused as I am.

"Hello?"I ask again.

Only this time, I hear something back. But it's not a voice, instead it's the tune of a song. Slow and soft jazz music plays through the receiver as I look at Woodrow and Fred even more confused.

"This doesn't make sense"Woodrow speaks. "Something about this doesn't feel right"He says.

"Yea, it feels sorta like some distraction"Fred furrows his eyebrows.

Distraction?

Ariana.

I stand up out of my chair and run out of Woodrow's office. I frantically rush through the police station calling out Ariana's name.

"Ariana! Ariana!"I continue to yell.

I hurry to the vending machine only not to find her. Instead I find an opened bag of chips on the floor. Chips are spread across the floor in a scattered mess.

I hear Woodrow and Fred behind me now. I turn towards them. Fred holds Isabelle in his arms and they both look at me still with confused looks.

"Something happened to her!"I begin panicking even more.

I hear the station speakers go on and a ruffled voice go over the intercom.

Ariana's P.O.V.

"My oh my what a beautiful sight"Jai stands in front of me, his hands caressing my cheeks. He has a mask on his face, but I know it's him. Who else would it be?

He speaks into the intercom. Justin able to hear everything he's saying right now.

"You guys wanted to hear me and Ariana while we talked. Well here you go"He chuckles into the intercom. Obviously referring to Justin, Woodrow, and Fred. Only now the whole station can hear him.

We are in a dark room with a tiny lightbulb lighting up the room. I sit in a chair, with my hands and feet tied up.

At least we are still in the station. The question is, where in the station are we?

"What do you want?"I snap at him, feeling angry.

"Isn't it obvious sweetheart. I want you"He says, moving my hair behind my ear. I move my face away from his touch.

"Don't worry love, I'm not going to take you away just yet"He says, and backs away.

"Now, you wanted to ask some questions. You have three minutes"He says.

"Three minutes?"I ask.

"That's all the time I'm giving you. Sophia is waiting for me to come back home to her"He says.