A Lesson With Fabien

Wednesday 15th January

Name one thing you are thankful for...? I am thankful I didn't listen to dad's message; I have piano today so I need as much relaxation time as I can get. 

3pm: Josh and Jemima were both away today! My piano lesson wasn't cancelled though. Far from it: I had FABIEN teach me! He is even worse than Josh when it comes to insulting and annoying me. He spent half of the "lesson" commenting on how rubbish I was at piano. I didn't hasten to point out that this was just my second lesson. Ever. 

Then he started on about why I am going out with Josh because Josh doesn't even like me. I pushed the comments aside saying, "Well - he does. We're very happy together." Fabien just snorted saying how I was just too ugly for Josh and he could do much better. Easily! 

"Even I could do better than Josh has done!" Fabien said. I laughed loudly: who in their right mind would go out with Fabien? But then again - I was pretending to go out with Josh. 

 "Really? Like who?" I said sarcastically. 

"Andrea...you must've met her...? She's in our English class," Fabien said. I nodded slowly; I could sort of picture a short dark-haired girl with an impish grin.  

"Yeah, not personally but I know who you mean," I nodded. "Why? You're going out with her?" 

He blushed, "Not yet..." He ran his fingers through his thick dark brown hair anxiously - Josh does that too, though he works it a lot better. WHOA! Did I actually just write that?! 

"So you fancy her?" I grinned. "I could set you two up! It'd be great fun!" 

His eyes widened, "Please!" 

"Only if you teach me properly?" I bargained. He nodded reluctantly, handing me his theory book to look through... 

*

Once I got out of the "lesson" I was a little anxious as to how I was going to set up Fabien and Andrea - I'd never even spoken to the girl! I had a missed call on my phone and, without really thinking, I called it up. 

"Jade!" the other end said, it was a deep and familiar voice. I instantly knew who it belonged to. 

"Dad! Is it really you?" I stammered. Then, before I could get an answer, my phone battery ran out and died. Typical! 

Fabien walked out of the music room smirking, "What's up? Josh not answering his phone?" 

"Shut up! We're not even really going -" I stopped; Fabien's eyebrows were high up on his sweaty forehead. "...On actual dates yet..." I finished feebly.  

"Really?" Fabien asked in an amused voice. "Do you even have his number? I could give you it...if you want...?" 

"It's fine!" I laughed. "Anyway, I should be off to class...I don't want to be late!" 

Fabien was already scribbling down something on the inside cover of my theory book and thrusting it towards me, "At least think about this...I think he really likes you...forget what I said earlier." I blushed, trying to push the thought aside. Now I'm blushing right now at the thought of it - Josh doesn't like me! This is all a big sham!  

5pm: I have just opened up my theory book and seen Josh's phone number on the front cover. My heart has been hammering at the sight of the email address but I stuck a piece of blank paper over the front. I shall speak to him and end it tomorrow - seriously, this is getting ridiculous. If we're not careful, we might end up falling in love...