We Need To Talk

Hermione's Perspective

Madam Pomfrey came in seconds later. Did you tell her? Her eyes seemed to ask Draco. He nodded. "It's true" she said. I just looked at my hands. Ron had called me a mudblood. I can't believe him! I mean, Draco was raised that way, but Ron? I don't know what to think of this right now. "Well, Hermione, you are free to go whenever" I nodded. "C'mon Hermione. Why don't we go have a nice walk around the black lake" Draco asked. I knew he was trying to help, and it did sound nice, but... "Ok. That sounds great" I answered. I would go have fun with Draco. Then I would deal with this later.

We were walking outside to the black lake, holding hands. We started to talk and laugh. He was obviously trying to cheer me up. I forced myself to forget about Ron. "So that is how I broke my arm when I was 8" he finished. I laughed. "You really tried to kiss Pansy?" I asked. "I was only eight!" He defended himself. " And she broke your arm?" I asked, laughing so hard I was afraid I'd choke. "It was 10 years ago! I didn't know what I was doing!" He said, blushing furiously.

We continued to share embarrassing past stories. All of a sudden Draco pushed me and I fell into mud from last night's storm. "Draco! There's mud all over my backside!" I huffed, standing angrily. He smirked and started to run. "Oh it's on!" I yelled, starting to run after him. He was faster, and after a few minutes, he was already 100 feet ahead of me. "Draco! Come back!" I panted. He laughed but still ran back to me.

"Won't push you if you don't push me" he smirked. "You're the one who started it!" I rolled my eyes. "Fine" I reached out to shake his hand, but pushed him into the nearby mud instead. "Oh I'll get you back for that" he said, standing up quickly. I sprinted across the grass, but was stopped when arms wrapped around my waist. I tried to fight Draco, laughing the whole while. What we didn't realize that while we fought, we were gradually moving towards the lake. We fell backwards and landed in icy water. I was able to get out of his grasp and scramble out of the water. He pulled himself out of the water effortlessly.

He noticed I was shivering and wrapped his arms around me again, this time it felt warm. we held each other, shivering. I started to laugh. I don't know why. He joined in and soon we were laying on the grass, laughing our heads off. A minute later we heard a voice behind us. "We need to talk." I sat up and turned around to see Ron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ron's Perspective

I awoke in an old broom closet. Ginny must have put me in here. She doesn't believe me. I would never hurt Hermione! I stepped out and was met by many glares as I headed back to my room. Professor McGonagall also glared at me but said nothing. I turned the corner and I suddenly wasn't in control again. Who cast it? They were somewhere in this hallway! My legs moved a themselves outside where I saw Hermione and Malfoy chasing each other. I can't believe she's with him. He's always been a jerk to her, nothing else!

My legs walked me down to the black lake. I stood behind Hermione and said, "We need to talk." She looked up and her laugh stopped. "Privately" I said, eyeing Malfoy. She looked at Malfoy as if to say leave us. I'll be fine. He started off and I turned to her. "Why?" She asked. I could see the hurt she was covering. "Why did you do this to me?" I wanted to hold her hands, tell her it wasn't the real me. But no. Instead my voice said "I stated the truth. Nothing wrong with that" the hurt grew more clear.

"Goodbye Ronald" she said coldly, turning to go. My hand flew up and gripped her wrist. "Let go of me!" She tried to pry my arm off. Oh no, I thought. My hand was raising. I was going to hit her! My hand came in with full force and she whimpered at the impact. "Don't try to get away. It'll never work" I glared. Her cheek was red. She backed away with large, scared eyes. She sprinted up towards the school to catch up with Malfoy.

My senses came back and I stared at my hand in horror. I'd hurt Hermione. My best friend, once the love of my life. I started to head inside, upstairs, and to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pansy's Perspective

Last night after dinner, I just went upstairs and got into bed, thinking. How could Ron have done this? I had the impression he cared about Hermione. I just don't see how he could hurt her like that.

This morning I woke up around 9. It was Saturday, so I had no classes to worry about. I still don't believe last night's events. At 10 i was finally going downstairs for breakfast. I wasn't usually lazy but today I just felt like lying around and doing nothing. When I opened the kitchen door, I gasped and a hand came to my mouth.

"Ron?" I asked, although it came out as more of a whisper. He was in the corner with a kitchen knife, blood rolling down his arms. He looked up and started to cry again. He lifted the knife and tried to cut himself again. I wasn't able to pull it out of his hands and he gained two more cuts. I yanked it out of his hand and sat down next to him. Peeking at his arms, I saw that he'd lost a lot of blood.

As quick as I could I magicked him into the air and sprinted down the halls towards the hospital wing. I was stopped when I almost ran straight into Hermione. She looked up. "Pansy?" She asked. I watched as her face grew confused when she saw Ron. "What's wrong with him?" She asked. Not because she was concerned, because she was curious. "He cut himself, lot of blood loss" I sprinted after answering.

I eventually made it the hospital wing where I explained everything to Madam Pomfrey before plopping down into a seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Publishing this today, might publish a very very very short one tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed Draco and Hermione's fun. Sorry about Ron. Actually, I'm not sure if you'll be glad he cares about Hermione, or angry he would do that to himself. So.....  I'm not saying that self harm is ok in any way. In fact I think it's horrible and shouldn't ever be seen as alright. If you're going through something and you're thinking about it, don't. It can cause pain to yourself and others around you. Seek help or counciling if you ever think about self harm in the slightest. As always, thx to anyone reading and voting!
PhoenixFeather146