A Mudblood Like Her!

Draco's Perspective

Hermione had just asked me to sit with her at the Gryffindor table. Hoping to seem kind and loving, I agreed.

At 10 to 6, we walked down to the great hall. I was super nervous because it meant we would be coming out officially. Only Theo knows. I hope the Gryffindor's don't attempt murder.  They don't have to love me but I at least hope we can be civil towards each other.

Hermione and I stopped outside the doors to the Great Hall. I grabbed her delicate hand and we interlocked fingers. "Deep breath," she muttered to herself. When we walked inside every single head turned to us. Their eyes went to our hands and then to our face again. The Slytherins were surprised, and some were gaping at them. Everyone else looked like Voldemlrt had just rose from the dead and apologized for murder.

When we both turned in the direction of the Gryffindor table, many people gasped, or pinched themselves to see if they were dreaming. Hermione sat down at the Gryffindor table and beckoned me to sit down next to her. Harry and Ron were running late, but Ginny sat with a smirk.

. "You two sure are getting attention." I nodded, Hermione laughed. "George is going to be so excited to hear this!" Ginny said. "Why's that?" Hermione asked. "In your first year Charlie and George placed a bet. Charlie said you would never get together under any circumstances, and George said you would date eventually." Ginny explained. "Who is Charlie?" I asked. "One of six brothers" Ginny said.

"Woah! That is a lot of Weasleys!" I exclaimed. Ginny and Hermione laughed, and I joined in. Just as the plates on the table were filled, Harry and Ron burst into the the great hall. They raced over to us and sat down, panting.

"And where have you two been?" Hermione asked them. "Tell you, pant, later, pant," they said In unison. Harry and Hermione held eye contact for a moment. Hermione gasped. "Not that again, Harry! I thought you said those stopped!" Hermione cried.

"What is it?" I ask confusedly. "I'll explain later" Hermione said sharply. "I thought the visions had stopped too. When Voldemort died they went away" Harry said. "Visions?" I asked. "Later!" Hermione said even more sharply. Now, directing her attention to Harry she looked worried.

"Do you think... Could he be back?" She asked. "But you destroyed him!" Ginny argued. "I'm not sure if they're visions or dreams" Harry said. "But we still need to investigate, just in case" Hermione said. "Can we talk about this somewhere else?" Harry asked. "Ok, after dinner" Ginny said. "In Draco and I's room." Hermione added.

"DRACO MALFOY!?!?!?!" The Weasel screamed. several heads turned in his direction. He and Harry looked over beside Hermione as if they were seeing me for the first time. I was about to hold out my hand and tell them that I wanted to be civil towards them, when Weasel pulled out his wand. I pulled out mine.

"Stupefy!" A jet of light erupted from Ron's wand tip and was heading towards me. All of a sudden, Hermione jumped in front of me and the spell hit her. She fell into my arms and I resisted the urge to kill the Weasel right then and there. Harry was holding Ron back and whispering something in his ear. Ron nodded, and lowered his wand.

"Well?" Ron started. "What do you think you're doing here?" I looked at the limp figure in my arms. "I'm here for Hermione." I said simply. "Here for a mudblood like her!?" Ron screamed at me. Everyone in the great hall was staring at Ron. Had he just called Hermione a mudblood?

"Don't you dare call her that again, or I will not hesitate to kill you!" I yelled back. Harry was looking at his friend like he had just killed the love of his life. So many emotions covered his face; anger, sadness, regret, confusion and so much more.

Ron stormed out of the great hall, all eyes following him. Ginny had stayed quiet, but now, she walked out of the great hall, wand in hand. "He'll pay for hurting my best friend" she said quietly. No one tried to stop her, there was cold anger in her eyes.

Throughout this whole scene the Professors had just watched, confused and angry at Ron for hurting one of his best friends. Professor McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey stood up quietly and walked over to where I sat with Hermione in my arms. Madam Pomfrey asked me to follow her with Hermione and we got up and left together.

As we left, whispers spread around the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Okay! Finally, Ron turns! I've been trying to figure out what should happen in this chapter and I'm happy with the way it turned out. Also, I know I should be rotting in Azkaban for what I've done........ I didn't stick to the schedule!!!!! I'll update whenever I have a chapter ready. Just forget I ever said any thing about a schedule. Oh, I almost forgot, checkout Buckbeak101 , she is writing a Dramione marriage law story currently, and becuz she reccomended mine, I will do the same for her. As always thx to anyone reading and voting!
PhoenixFeather146