I Apologize

Ginny's Perspective

Although I figured Harry and I would be put together, I was still incredibly excited and relieved when the sorting hat had called out his name. I was also worried for Ron's sake, being with the second worst person in Slytherin and all. I got the feeling that she had changed for the better. When she was around, I could almost hear her hopes of being forgiven by everyone.

So they might be ok, but Hermione. Hermione and Malfoy. I think the sorting hat was drinking before the sorting. Or maybe they were actually supposed to be together. Draco could literally kill her! I mean, he is a formal death eater.

When Harry asked if he could go play chess with Ron, I said yes, and started to unpack my things. It was fairly quick, and afterward I started to unpack Harry's for him. Harry's took even less time, and soon I was bored. Not feeling like doing homework, I decided to see if Luna was available. I knocked on her door, and Nott answered. "Whatda' want?" He spat at me. I asked if Luna was available, but he said she was reading whatever the wibbler was.

Sighing, I settled on doing some homework. I did half, but was bored quickly. I was just about to go downstairs when I bumped into Harry. "I was just going to do some homework," he grinned at me. "I'll join you later," I said. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Just downstairs to talk to Hermione," I replied. "She's already gone to bed," he said. "But Pansy and Ron are down there. "Oh," I said. "Do you think they'll be okay? Ron and Pansy?" I asked Harry. "I think they will, but they need time," he told me reassuringly.

Ron walked up a few minutes later and headed to his room looking perplexed. He didn't see me. I decided to try to talk to Pansy and see for myself if she'd really changed. I crept down the stairs, and called her name. "Pansy?" She looked up from her work and said, "Your brother is weird. He gets angry, and apologizes hours later." I was surprised she didn't call me Weaslette. Surprised, but glad. "That's how most people apologize. Wait till they're not angry with you and just say they're sorry," I said. "I don't have much experience with apologies. I never did it and nobody ever apologized to me," she said, looking down again.

I bent over her work and looked at the question she was stuck on. "No one's ever seen a boggart in true form, that is a trick question," I told her.  She performed a spell to clear the line and rewrote 'no one'. "Wait, you had DADA today? How was Professor Malfoy?" I asked. "He wasn't there. Just a sign above our review. Said to do it and turn it in next week," she answered. "Do you know why he's here?" She asked me. "I have no idea. Do you think Malfoy knows?" I asked. "I don't think Draco knows. He looked very surprised when he heard it, and asked Blaise if he knew any thing about it," she answered simply.

I nodded. "Thankyou. For not calling me Weaslette and Ron weasel. It means a lot to me." She looked sad when I said this. "I apologize for every time I said it. I want to change my reputation. I want to Join the good side and fight. To make up for all the wrong in the past," she said. "I forgive you entirely," I said quietly, and I walked back upstairs to Harry's and Mine room.

When he saw me he smiled. "How'd it go?" He asked. "Harry, she's different. She talked of Ron and apologized for every time she's ever called me the weaslette! She even said she hopes to fight for the good side some say," I said, grinning. "Really?" He asked, surprised. "I think they'll make a wonderful couple," he said.you can copy my homework, I'm finished," he added.

Later that night I was able to fall asleep quickly, all the while dreaming of beautiful things.

~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note

OMG! I just figured out why Lucius is a professor now AND pretty much my whole story line!! Sorry I keep publishing changes. Everytime I reread it I find something I wanna change.