School Reunion: Bloody Timelords

~10~

The next morning we arrived at the school around the same time as all of the students. I still hadn't spoken to the Doctor since my little blow up last night. I kind of felt bad about how I'd yelled at him but then I remembered he'd told Sarah-Jane my secret and I got over that pretty fast.

So I was giving him the silent treatment, which was definitely childish but I was only eighteen so I can be as childish as I want...At least that's what I was telling myself.

"Nina, Rose and Sarah, you go to the Maths room. Crack open those computers, I need to see the hardware inside. Here, you might need this." The Doctor went to hand me the screwdriver but I just pushed past him to walk next to Rose, catching his slightly hurt look. I am not feeling bad about this! I thought to myself. Nope. Not at all.

Rose shot me a look before putting her hand out for the screwdriver but he had already past it to Sarah-Jane. Rose sighed in defeat and I locked arms with her, pulling her towards the school as Mikey, The Doctor and Sarah-Jane conversed.

"Are you guys fighting or something?" she whispered to me as we opened the glass doors to the school.

I just shrugged "Kind of. I found out he told Sarah-Jane about... you know. So I'm not speaking to him at the moment."

Rose just nodded in understanding "He's not really my favourite person at the moment either."

We continued down the hall to the IT room, Sarah-Jane caught up to us after a little bit and we all walked in silence.

Super awkward.

Once we got in there, Sarah-Jane started to work on the computers. After a few moments she groaned in frustration. "It's not working."

"Give it to me." Rose sighed pulling it out of her hands and handing it over to me "Nina's the best at using it. Almost as good as the Doctor." I smiled at her compliment, pulling my hair into a ponytail on the top of my head, ducking under the table to examine the computer's wiring.

"Used to work first time in my day." She muttered, sounding miffed.

"Well, things were a lot simpler back then." Even without seeing her face I could still hear the bite in the words.

"Rose." I warned but they both ignored me.

"Rose, can I give you a bit of advice?"

Rose scoffed slightly "I've got a feeling you're about to."

"I know how intense a relationship with the Doctor can be, and I don't want you to feel I'm intruding." Oh god this didn't sound like the start of a polite conversation.

"We don't feel threatened by you, if that's what you mean." We? What was with people lumping me into their conversations?

"Right. Good." Sarah-Jane stated, shortly. "Because I'm not interested in picking up where we left off." Seriously?

"No?" Rose spoke incredulously. "With the big sad eyes and the robot dog? What else were you doing last night?"

"I was just saying how hard it was adjusting to life back on Earth."

"The thing is, when you two met they'd only just got rid of rationing. No wonder all that space stuff was a bit too much for you." Okay, getting a little hateful now. Maybe I should cut in?

Sarah-Jane's voice raised a little bit "I had no problem with space stuff. I saw things you wouldn't believe."

Rose let out a small snort "Try me." I pulled myself out from under the desk, watching the argument play out.