The Doctor Dances: Get That Checked Out

~09~

"Go to your room." Wait what? I opened my eyes to see the Doctor glaring sternly at the gas masked zombie people who had surprisingly had come to a stop. "Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!"

Surprisingly, the patients hung their heads in what I could only assume as shame and shuffled to their beds. I let out a large breath of relief, releasing my death-grip on the Doctor's arm, the leather fabric sticking to my fingers due to the perspiration that I had exhausted during the whole ordeal.

Death by gas-masked zombie was not high on my priority list.

"I'm really glad that worked." The Doctor stated obviously. "Those would have been terrible last words."

~09~

Rose was crouching next to one of the gas-masked zombies. Me I wanted to get as much space between me and those things as I could.

I think I officially had an enormous fear of zombies. Especially those with gas-masks.

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?" I turned to see Rose asked the Doctor.

"They're not." Jack answered for him. "Those masks are flesh and bone."

The Doctor turned to Jack, who was reclining in Constantine's chair. Confrontation time, oh dear. "How was your con supposed to work?" he demanded.

Jack shrugged "Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con." He laughed as he continued to explain it to us. Is this guy crazy or what?

"Yeah. Perfect." The Doctor played along.

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners." Jack explained. "Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day." He caught the Doctor's look. "Getting a hint of disapproval." Oh really are you now?

"Take a look around the room." The Doctor said fiercely. "This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did."

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty." He defended himself.

"Rose., Nina." The Doctor beaconed us out the door. What am I a dog now?

I decided to brush that off "Please tell me we are getting out of here." I begged. These things freaked me the hell out okay?

The Doctor shook his head "We're going upstairs."

He started to lead us in the direction of where we had seen the stairs. Jack followed as calling after the Doctor. "I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no-one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it."

The Doctor turned to him fiercely. "I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock-"

"It's volcano day!" I finished for him. Hell yes best line!

The Doctor glared at me quickly for stealing his line before a siren that was similar to the one before, started.

"What's that?" Rose asked.

"It's the all clear." Jack answered.

The Doctor turned his glare onto him "I wish,"

Ooh Jacky-boy you're in trouble.