Bad Wolf: Ready, Steady, Cook!

~09~

Okay. Where the hell was I?

My head was spinning as I stood up from my spot on the ground. My vision finally focused I was able to look at my surroundings... and I seemed to be in a... kitchen?

Why the hell was I in a kitchen?

But it wasn't just any kitchen I realised as I scanned the room filled with red and green...

"And representing the red team...Miss Nina Gibbons!" a robotic voice called out, the bright lights focusing on me, causing me to go blind. There was a slight roar of a crowd. Where the hell did all those people come from?

When I finally adjusted to the lights I was able to focus on the other three people who all gazed at me with a mix of sad and frightened faces.

"Now it is time for Ready, Steady, Cook!"

Oh you've got to be kidding me.

~09~

So now that I have realised I was on some strange inter-galactic version of a cooking show things seemed to be a little bit clearer.

Not.

Seriously, how the hell did I end up on a cooking show? I can't cook to save my life!

Also where were the Doctor, Rose and Jack?

"Okay red team! Here are your items!" the robot host beckoned us (I didn't even know robots could do that!)

I followed my team mate, whose name I found out was Anthony. Lovely boy, bit fidgety but all around alright.

The contents of our red tomato bag was dumped on the table, by this time I had just decided to play along. Really how bad could it be?

Our items were:

A piece of some unidentified meat?

A pineapple (always practical)

Coconut milk (Where were we, Hawaii?)

And a bag of rice.

What the hell was I supposed to do with that?

"You will have 20 minutes to create a meal that is both more appetising and appealing than that of the green team, otherwise you will be disintegrated." The robot spoke monotonously.

Disintegrated? "Erm," I whispered to my partner as we made our way back to our station "Doesn't he mean, eliminated?"

Anthony gave me an incredulous look "You really don't know? Where have you been living under a rock?"

I shrugged "Been out of town for a little bit."

"Must have been some trip," he nodded to a set of white steal framed doors at the back of the room "If you lose that's where you go. There's a little room through those doors where you get disintegrated."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him "Disintegrated? You mean you-"

"Die, yeah." He gave me a stony look "It's either win or die."

"Okay, your 20 minutes start now!" the robot called out.

Oh dear god. What have I come across now?

Cook or die. Lovely.

~09~

(14:52 mins left)

So turns out Anthony is a pretty good cook. He started to make some sort of kebab thing with the meat (which I still didn't know what type it was yet) and pineapple.