chapter thirty five

thirty five

THE WEDDING

Sarah had asked for me as soon as she heard that I had arrived. I was sitting across the room from her, she was dressed in her beautiful wedding dress. She looked as if she were an angel, the tiara in her hair. She was finally marrying Brad Sander, she deserved to look like a princess. But she held a frown upon her perfectly shaped eyebrows. Her eyes were glossy, she looked as if she were on the verge of crying. I could only imagine the many things that were going through her head before she had to walk down that aisle without her father.

I stood up and walked towards her, she breathed in heavily. I placed my hand on hers' and watched as she looked up at the ceiling to control her emotions. She took a deep breath, "I don't know how I'm going to do this. I always imagined my family would be here, my father would be the one walking me down the isle. They don't even know I'm alive, they don't know that I'm getting married." Sarah's voice shook as she spoke.

I nodded my head, I understood how she felt. We both had one thing in common, except I was the one to fall in love with Harry.

"Everything will be fine. I know it must seem like so much is going wrong and everything isn't up to par with your expectations right now... But you'll get through this, today is your wedding day! You shouldn't be worrying about  what everyone else will think or who isn't here, today you're marrying Brad Sander. You deserve to be happy, just please stop your worrying and strut down that aisle." I squeezed her hands in mine and she smiled.

She exhaled, "Thanks for the pep talk." She fanned her face with her hands, holding back her tears.

"I'll always be here." I wanted to hug her, but I was afraid of ruining her hair or makeup. Instead, she came in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her immediately and made sure that her makeup and hair was still as perfect as it was before.

"Thank you so much, Charlotte. You're such a strong person, you've been through so much. Especially with your dad... I love you." She said, I could practically hear the smile in her voice. I frowned at the mention of my father, but waved it off.

"I love you too, Sarah." I smiled. I backed away from her and looked at her with reassuring eyes, "Are you ready?" I asked her. She looked down for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek.

She exhaled and nodded, "Yes. I think I am." She answered and half smiled.

"That's good enough for me!" I smiled and opened the door to walk out, "Can't wait to see you walking down that aisle. Everyone needs to see just how beautiful you look on your wedding day." I squealed silently and closed the door silently behind me. I walked down the sides of the chairs, sitting beside Harry. We were in the front row along with the Sanders- except Brad and Spencer -and a few family friends.

Harry looked at me as I sat down, placing his hand on my knee without saying a word. I looked at Brad as he stood under the rose-decorated arch. The priest stared down the aisle intensely, waiting for Sarah to decide that it was time to open the doors and begin the wedding.

I was beginning to grow worried after a few minutes, hoping that she hadn't changed her mind and ran off. She seemed motivated to marry Brad, but I couldn't be sure.

Just as I opened my mouth to speak to Harry, the doors opened slowly. Sarah appeared in the center of the aisle, her face full of delight. She smiled and looked to her side, Spencer stepped beside her. He looped arms with hers' and they began to walk down the isle.

"What happened in there?" Harry asked curiously.

"Nothing too important. I just told her that I was here for her and she told me the same, that I was a very strong person being that I have dealt with everything so far. The normal thing." I whispered quickly.