chapter twenty five

twenty five

I smiled widely, "That was great."

"What-- the food? Or my flirting?" Harry mimicked my wide smile. I rolled my eyes and sat back in the booth. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared out of the window.

"Maybe both." I laughed and he chuckled. He rested his chin on his palm, his elbow on the table. His eyes held my gaze, my smile never vanishing from my lips. His eyes glistened with the light that reflected from the window. He half smiled and I squinted my eyes.

"You just ruined the moment." I rolled my eyes.

He sat up straight, raising his hands up in defense. "What? What did I do?" He laughed, a confused frown on his face.

"That smile gives away your thoughts." I sighed.

"And what exactly were my thoughts?" He looked at me with interest, convinced that I did not know what his thoughts had been.

I licked my lips, "You were thinking about tonight. About all of the naughty things you're going to do to me." I barked out a loud laugh at the use of the word. A few people turned their heads, looking at us with irritation. I shielded my face away from them with my hand and looked up at Harry.

"Naughty. Perhaps you should have used a better word." He shrugged his shoulders, ignoring the staring people. This had been the second time we were being stared at in a restaurant, except this time they weren't gossiping about us.

It was a relief that people didn't know who Harry was for once. I was a lot more comfortable with that. I was the only one here who knew what Harry was really like, I knew him.

I bit my lip, "I'm sorry. I don't spend my time searching up words that relate to sexual activities as much as you do." I tapped my fingers on the table.

He looked at my lips, "I think tonight is going to hot and rough. And maybe a little too loud." He leaned over the table, talking lowly. His eyes were wild, filled with the sexual desire he felt for me. My body was hot and I felt trapped. My tongue craved the taste of his lips, but I didn't dare kiss him as hungrily as I wanted to in front of an audience. I pulled at the hem of my dress, looking away from his face.

I breathed heavily, "This isn't just about sex to you, is it?" The mood had changed, his eyes softened.

He had a small smile on his face, "No, Charlotte, of course not. I told you this already, I love you. And this isn't just sex, it's love. You told me so yourself." He reached across the table, running his thumb over my bottom lip.

"I know. I just-- I want more than sex. I deserve that." I rested my hand on his wrist. He nodded his head, looking at me with a hint of reassurance in his green eyes.

"You do deserve that. And I'll show you more." He smiled and waved his hand for our waiter to give us the check. He removed his hand from my face as the waiter started to walk toward us.

"Ready for the check?" Our waiter asked, his name tag stated that his name was Ricardo.

"Yes." I spoke up. Harry turned to look up me, he was usually the person to speak. But he couldn't always have the upper hand.

"Okay, here it is." Ricardo pulled out the check from his apron. He left it on the edge of the table and began to walk away. Harry picked it up and pulled the receipt out to check if everything was correct. He nodded his head and pulled out a few bills out of his pocket, leaving them inside of the check book and closing it.

We both began to scoot out of the booth, he took my hand in his and we walked out of the restaurant. It was around two in the afternoon and we were both positive that everyone was still unpacking. No one had called Harry yet and we hadn't ran into any of them.