chapter twenty one

twenty one

I rolled over in the bed to check the time, it was seven o'clock in the morning. Harry was lying asleep besides me and the last thing I could remember doing last night was resting my head on Harry's chest. We had talked for hours, we'd even forgotten to eat until Emile kindly knocked on the door and offered us dinner. I had taken a long shower while Harry sat on the counter, talking about the trip to the beach. Then, of course, Harry insisted to help me get dressed and he took the chance to poke at my stomach.

He had taken a shower in my bathroom, but I didn't dare go inside of the bathroom. It'd be another thing if I saw Harry naked- he had saw mine twice already- three times if I were to count getting out of the shower with him in the same room. But through the two times Harry and I have been intimate, he hadn't taken off his boxer briefs. So I sat outside of the door and removed all of the clothes and accessories from the mall bags. Harry soon joined, helping me hang the clothes up on hangers and put away the jewelry in the unused jewelry box inside of the wardrobe.

After we'd finished hanging up all of the new items I had gotten, we packed the clothes that I wanted to wear to the beach trip. Harry brought in a white suitcase that he'd never used and helped me pack away all of the clothes neatly. We, then, climbed back into the bed and talked for a few hours before I fell asleep and I'm sure Harry fell asleep soon after.

I leaned over Harry, kissing his bare shoulder- hoping to wake him up. I didn't want to rudely awaken him, he seemed to have been in a deep sleep. I ran my fingers along his arm and cuddled my head in the crook of his head. He breathed heavily, a long and heavy groan following afterwards. I heard him yawn, I was successful waking him up. I moved my head slightly to look at him, his lips were parted and his eyes were half closed. I smiled, running my fingers through the mess atop of his head.

I had grown much too close to Harry, I was starting to let the negative thoughts of him slip away. I was starting to give myself to him, I had already thrown away my shield when I let myself yell at him just a few nights ago. I began to look at Harry differently, I didn't see the man whose held me prisoner for weeks. I was starting to see the person that I was falling in love with too easily, the person that knew me better than anyone because he cared too much.

But I was starting feel the guilt of enjoying my time with Harry whilst my mother and brother were living the same life I was taken away from. I hated myself so much for constantly forgetting about them, I hadn't thought about them as much as I used to anymore. Yes, I loved them so much, but there has been no reminder that I had a family before I met Harry. They hadn't been looking for me-- and if they had, then they didn't come uphill. This should have been the first place they looked, I was beginning to think that they didn't care that I was gone. Maybe they were a bit happier...

Harry turned around to face me, opening his eyes fully. He wore a sleepy smile, "Good morning, Charlotte." He yawned and gripped my side underneath the sheets.

I hooked my arms around his neck, "Good morning, Harry." I wrapped my leg around his and continued, "Did you sleep well?"

"Better than I have in years." He leant forward and his nose touched mine. He pulled me closer to his chest and I laughed as he started poking my sides. I hit his chest with my hand, begging for him to stop through my loud laughter. It was much too early in the morning to be tickled. I kicked at his legs and he came to a sudden holt, a pained expression on his face.

He grunted as he rolled onto his back. I felt my lips drop into a frown and my eyebrows came together. I placed my hand on his shoulder and leaned over him, "Are you okay? Did I-" I began to ask, but Harry opened his eyes and I could see the amusement in them. His lips broke into a smile and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me on top of him.