chapter twenty four

twenty four

CHARLOTTE's POV

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, we were back in the small space of Harry's truck or SUV- whatever he wanted to call it. We were following behind Spencer, Sheryl and Bradley. Brad decided to ride with us because he didn't want to be in a car with his family for two and a half hours. I wouldn't understand why he would want to ride with us.

"They're are going to make a left up here." Brad spoke from the backseat.

"Why does Sarah live so far away? She's in the opposite direction of the beach." Harry complained, but I agreed with him as I nodded my head.

Brad groaned, "She was a little hesitant about our first trip together and plus, my family will be accompanying us. Its not exactly the ideal trip, so she wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to go. This was all a little last minute." He said, defending his girlfriend. I turned to look out of the window, letting a giggle escape my mouth. They acted as if they were blood related.

"Well if she was hesitant, maybe she shouldn't have decided to go." Harry mumbled, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of us.

Brad didn't say anything, I looked at him through the rear view mirror to see him rolling his eyes. I laughed loudly, "If this trip is going to consist of constant bickering between you two-- you can take me back home." I looked between them and Harry shook his head.

"It won't." They said in unison. I smiled and turned my head back towards the window. I felt Harry place his hand on my thigh and I stiffened, biting my lip. I hated when Harry showed me affection in front of others because usually it would be so sudden that I didn't have time to prepare for it.

I placed my hand on his and I massaged circles into his hand. I was glad that we had came to a stop as Brad was now getting out of the car. As soon as the door slammed shut, Harry's hand slid up my thigh. I grabbed it quickly, laughing at his eagerness.

"Stop!" I laughed, trying to push his hand lower. He smiled and leaned over the arm rest, kissing my shoulder. I lifted my hand and ran my fingers through his hair smoothly.

He rested his forehead on my shoulder, "What are you doing to me? I spend so much time thinking about you that I can never get anything done. But if I have a you, then fuck everything else." He looked up at me and I felt my cheeks tent a darker shade of red.

"Is that romantic? Should I say thank you?" I couldn't help the amused smile on my lips. Harry laughed against my shoulder, his hot breath fanning against my arm.

"Just a comment, I thought you should know." He leaned away, being that Brad and his girlfriend, Sarah were now headed for the car. Harry pressed a button beside him to open the trunk door. I was glad that I only had two bags for this trip. Since makeup wasn't an essential for me, I had more space to pack clothing.

Brad helped his girlfriend put the few bags in the trunk before quickly closing it and heading for the backseat door. He opened it and Sarah climbed in first. I turned to look at her and she smiled at me, "Hi! I'm Sarah, you're Charlotte right?" She asked hesitantly.

I nodded my head and returned the smile, "Yes. Nice to meet you." I turned around in my seat again. Harry didn't say anything, I assumed he had already met her.

"Well, hello to you too, Harry." I could imagine her rolling her eyes. I laughed and looked at Harry out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey." Was all he said and Brad laughed as he closed the door. I looked over at Harry, he was being quite rude towards the girl who seemed so nice. But I didn't bother to glare any longer, I'm sure he had his reasons.