Target 8: Some Explanation

"The "Air Guardian" was not being allowed to join a battle most of the time," Saito explained, "even the most powerful mafia famiglia doesn't allowed to use the 'Air Guardian' during a conflict between the enemy." Saito added. Adriane look confused.

"Even the most powerful mafia famiglia? What's the use of having an air guardian in the famiglia if...you won't allow it to fight?" Adriane asked.

Saito sighed, "Because the duty of this guardian is to maintain the balance between the sky and the other guardians."

But Adriane wasn't contented, she seeks for more answers.

"Then does that mean that...air guardians were useless? Powerless?"

"No." Saito chuckled because of her curiosity. "During a battle, the air guardian always observes the enemy's movements, attacks, speed, strengths, and weaknesses. In that way, they can fight...they can test if their conclusions were right. And it all depends on the boss if they will let you fight." Saito explained.

"How will the air guardian keep the balance?"

"They should know how to balance their world, balance their powers, balance the world between life and death and knows how to treat people fairly. In short, the peacemakers. If you can't do that, you're not worthy to be called their Air Guardian anymore."

"Adriane-chan, darling, wake up." Lussuria said and looks very worried, Adriane slowly opened her eyes- she was back in the basement. "L-Lussuria-san..." Adriane said and tried to stand.

"Don't force yourself too much! And can i ask a favor?" Lussuria said, "I would like it if you will call me 'Lussuria nee-san'...hehe..."

Adriane sweatdrops. But she couldn't even say no since it was just a small favor. "S-sure, Lussuria nee-san." And because of this, Lussuria was happy. How he wished to be called like that for his entire life. "And Adriane-chan-" Before Lussuria can finish his words, someone suddenly barge in.

"VRAAAIIII!" Squalo said with a loud annoying voice and Mammon was beside him. "Shesh! You should lower you voice, Squa-chan!" As Adriane heard what just Lussuria call the commander, she was holding her laughter- but failed. "VOI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING AT, HUH?" The commander shouted.

"S-Squa-chan? Pfft..." Adriane said and burst out laughing, "Che! Shut up and I'm here to explain something to you- STOP LAUGHING."

"Mu~ Anyone will have the guts to laugh at 'that' name."

"O-okay..." Adriane muttered between her laugh, it takes her a couple of minutes to be serious. "Look you little brat, I should be thanking you because you were part of this mission BUT I take that back since you were laughing about what Lussuria called me." Squalo rolled his eyes.

"I'm not doing it again, Squa-san." Adriane said, she thinks that she can call the commander "Squa-san" in her entire life.

"Che."

"As we are saying, after a few weeks...a battle will occur." Mammon said and Adriane was speechless. "A battle?"

"Yes, a battle." Mammon said, "The Varia's basement should be in the Italy...but because of this battle, we transfer here, in Japan. And also, we need an air guardian." Mammon continued. "What if the battle was done, how about me?" Adriane asked politely. She hides her anxiety inside. It was a deal between her and the others, they will still let her study in Japan but during weekends, she should be in the Varia's side. Now that they mention it, how can she continue to study if they should be in Italy?