Target 6: First Mission

ADRIANE'S P.O.V

I want to make myself useful around here in the Varia basement, so I tried to talk with Squalo-san. "Um...Squalo-san." I called him out. "What is it?" He asked angrily why preparing his weapons. "Are you on a mission?" I asked and then he nodded.

"Look Squalo-san, I want to make myself really useful around here. So...I want to do a mission?" I said and he turned around.

"Finally! I thought you were one of the timid brats around here and it turns out you aren't. Well you can help me with my mission, vrai!" He said. Truth to be told, I really don't know if he was happy or angry about it. "So what's the mission?" I asked him.

"There's a famiglia that almost steals half of our subordinates. And we are going to bring them back." He explained.

"And how did they steal it? Kidnapping? Hypnotizing?"

"Exactly. Enough talk, I already said enough. Let's go VRAI!" He shouted and he lead the way, I look like a idiot following him. No offense. But before I could step outside, "Ushishishi. Where are you guys going huh?" The Prince asked.

"We are in a mission and we need to hurry-" I tried to explain but not until the strict loud commander cutted me off. "VRAI! Enough chitchat or else I'll cut you into four pieces!" Squalo-san shouted.

"Ah! Make it seven pieces, it's my lucky number!" I said. Ofcourse it was just a joke. As I followed Squalo-san, Belphegor was also following us. Maybe he's part of the mission too?

As soon as we are in the enemy's territory, Squalo ordered me to observe the place using my abilities.

I opened my other eye- not a third eye for pete's sake. I opened my dragon eye. It makes me see things that normal human can't. It can make me see people's names, birthdate and some information. Like a robotic eye though.

I can still remember how Saito-san explained how I should use my dragon eye. Funny since I can't imagine how it looked like not until he explained it.

"There were atleast ten enemies out there and atleast fifty inside their basement...I can't track the others." I explained and it looks they were about to attack. "W-wait...you guys are going to attack?" I gave them a confusing look.

"Look, we need to bring the our subordinates back. We need to know who the hell is behind this and kill that trash, but it seems like our time is running out!" Squalo-san explained. "Wait-"

But Squalo-san didn't even listen to me or what. He shouted the 'vrai' thing and attacked. And I was left in the corner, doing nothing.

"Ushishishi...be used to it." I can hear Belphegor said before attacking, "And hey, just hide there. Don't show up." He added.

As I observe them, I can tell...they were good. Squalo-san is using his swords and he looks like an expert or something. While Belphegor- knives? Worst, floating knives. But if you look closely, he was using wires.

After Belphegor beat up some guys he came to my side. "We are going to distract them while you sneak inside. You know what to do...right?" He asked with the freaking chesire cat smile, "Sure thing." I whispered.

I secretly sneak inside the enemy's basement, trying not to make a sound. Suddenly, I hear Squalo-san's yell outside which draws more enemies. A great distraction, indeed.

As I continue sneaking inside, it makes me wonder...why I haven't seen any enemies passing by? It's quite unusual. And worse, I can see small cuts in my arms. It starts to bleed and I can hear those heavy steps around me. I'm not feeling safe right now...

I start to use my dragon eye.

I can see everything, very clear. Everything was a trap.