"Okay. We're gonna be late if you don't hurry," he tells one. Him and another jump up and run out the door, playfully chasing and fighting. The third waves and leaves.

"Well don't just sit there," Ponyboy says.

"What?" another asks. It seems to be never ending! I just need to know their names and I'll be good. I can't keep up with seven of them.

Ponyboy rolls his eyes and mumbles something. The timid looking one looks at me curiously.

"What's your name?" he asks.

"JT."

"Johnny," he responds. This is him. The character I favored the most because of his final act of bravery. Thank goodness he's still here.

"And the lazy bum over there is Two-Bit," Ponyboy says, nodding at the second.

"Guilty as charged!" he says, holding his hands in the air. I smile to myself. They're just like what I imagined.

Eventually I find myself eating everything I'm offered. I'm starving. I feel like I haven't eaten in days. They all look at me incredulously. I guess being boys, they have a large appetite. And I guess they've never seen a girl top that.

"So how did you end up by yourself? Rule number one- never walk alone," Two-Bit says.

"I don't know. I just ended up that way," I answer honestly. I don't see what's so interesting about my problems. I guess they've never had this happen before. You just have to adjust accordingly.

"What happened last night? I don't remember much," I say.

"We saw that you were in trouble. Those Socs are never up to nothin' good," Ponyboy says.

"And it looks like you got your first meeting with 'em," Two-Bit says. He tilts my chin up. The cut stings. But it is a reminder to never walk alone again.

"What do y'all want to do? Can't just sit around here all day," Johnny asks.

"Let's give JT here a view of the East side of town," Two-Bit suggests.

"Alright. Still got your blade?" Ponyboy asks. He nods proudly. "Good. But don't get busted by the cops."

"Since when do I, Pony?"

We begin walking down he street. It looks safer in the daytime rather than night. But I still feel in a daze.

They begin to question where I'm from. I explain how I'm from out of town since I got kicked out by my parents. I tell them I was lost since I was walking aimlessly.

"What about clothes and stuff? Don't you bring that with you?" Johnny asks.

"What's the point in bringing what you don't have much of?" I ask in return. He shrugs. But he knows.

"So you're saying you ain't got nothing?" Two-Bit asks. I shake my head. "Shoot, I have an older sister who moved out a while back. You can have hers," he offers.

"I can't do that," I tell him.

"Well, why not?"

"I just can't..."

"Too bad. You're taking 'em anyways."

We end up at a house. I assume it's Two-Bit's by the way he barges in. He's probably going to make me take them regardless. I just couldn't do that. It'd feel weird.

"My folks aren't home," he says, leading all of us through the house. He puts me in a room that looks untouched. "Pick out what you want. Don't want blood on your shirt, do you?" he asks, pulling the collar of my t-shirt. I shrug. He leaves and I change. I find a ribbon and tie my hair up. I come back out.