Chapter 9

We ran out of the castle, and I quickly turned around to freeze the door, making sure no one got out.  The six of us ran to the limo we had waiting for us and ushered ourselves in.

"The castle, and step on it!"  Mal shouted to the driver and exchanged a wicked smirk with the rest of us.  Jay and Carlos gave each other a sly smile and practically wrestled over the candy.  Jay flung Carlos' arm across my shoulders, hitting my neck.

"Ow!  Can you not do that?"  I said, reaching behind Carlos' body to smack Jay's shoulder.

"Haha, sorry."  Jay apologized, stuffing chocolate in his mouth.  Carlos threw a Reese's into his mouth and gave Jay a wide-eyed look.

"Jay!  It's these sweet but salty things!"  Jay looked at Carlos with hope and grabbed three Reese's and stuffed them into his mouth, practically swallowing them whole.

"You mean Reese's?  You've never had them before?"  I asked, taking Dude off of Carlos' lap so he wouldn't get hurt from Carlos'and Jay's wrestling.

"We don't get a lot of candy on the Isle."  Mal said, trying to free her hand from Ben's.

"Oh, right."  I sighed, staring out the window.  All we had to do was make it to the tallest tower, then we could cast the spell. 

"Does everyone know what they're doing?  Or do we need to go over it again?"  Mal asked, giving us all a warning look.  Everyone nodded, keeping our mouths shut.  I heard Carlos sigh beside me and I slightly turned my head to steal a glance at him.  His eyes had a small bit of fear etched into their chocolaty brown, and my heart ached at the sight.

I grabbed his hand and let my fingers occupy the spaces between his, giving it a tight squeeze.  I shook my head started scratching behind Marshmallow's ears.  The limo was silent, aside from Jay's and Carlos' munching on candy.

Finally we reached the castle and we all scrambled out of the limo, readjusting our suits and dresses before running up the stairs and into the main foyer.

"Okay, boys, you keep a look out, and warn us if anything gets past you.  Girls, let's go."  Evie said, running up the spiral staircase leading up the the top of the first tower.  The boys ran off and Mal and I took off after Evie.

"Ella, where's the tower!"  Mal said, excitement laced through her voice.

"Follow me,"  I said, my voice equally as excited.  I took off ahead of Mal and Evie, leading them down winding halls and up spiral staircases.  We finally reached the top of the tallest tower, and Mal whipped out her spell book.

"Break the spell, make it fast.  Break the barrier, just as I ask."  Mal said, and green light few from the wand, out towards the island.  The light hit the invisible barrier and made a hole in it.  A circle with a jagged rim of green appeared in the sky, which I assumed was the barrier, and spread out until the green light was no longer visible.

We did it.  We broke the barrier.

Mal quickly flipped the pages to her next spell, "Gather the evilest of them all, bring them to this hall."

Suddenly, green smoke appeared, and Maleficent, Cruella De Vil, the Evil Queen, and Jafar stepped out of the magical substance.

"Carlos!  Oh, where is that disrespectful boy?"  Cruella asked, petting the stuffed dog on her shoulder.

"Evie!  Where is that prince of yours, and how big is his castle?  Does it have a mother-in-law wing?"  The Evil Queen asked, stepping closer to Evie.  Evie gave me a look and I shot ice over the Evil Queen's shoes, making her stop in her tracks.