Chapter 4

I woke up the next day ecstatic to have my best friends back, even if they didn't remember me at all.  I decided to go back to my island look, tired of the drab look I had here.

So, I had Mal change my hair, and Evie change my nails.  Evie also managed to make me a new dress, and had me make my own necklace.  As soon as we were done getting me back to normal, we decided to meet up with Jay and Carlos to get Ben his love cookie.

"How are we going to get Ben to eat this cookie?"  Mal asked as we gathered around Mal's locker.  We were tossing around ideas, when the prissy pink princess' voice rang through the hall.  How did her and Chad get thawed out so fast?

"Do you think they paid for those?"  Audrey asked Ben, and motioned to the group of girls showing off their new hair to each other.  "She did it to Jane's hair too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it."

"What's the harm?"  Ben asked, slightly shrugging.

"It's gateway magic!  Sure,  it starts with the hair.  Then it's the lips, then the legs, then the clothes, and then everybody looks good and then, where will I be?"  Audrey asked, putting a hand over her heart.  Spoiled brat.

"Listen, Audrey-"  Ben started, but got cut off by the princess herself.

"I will see you at the game after my dress fitting for the Coronation, okay?"

"Guys I have a plan, just sit and watch."  Mal quickly said to us, and turned look at Ben and Audrey.

"Okay.."  Ben responded to Audrey.

"Bye Benny Boo."  She gave him a fake kiss on the cheek and turned around and walked off.

"Bye.."

Mal slammed her locker,  "Hey Benny Boo."  She said in a high voice, and smiled.

"Hey."  Ben turned around and walked toward Mal.  The rest of us had backed off to watch.

"Uh, I just made a batch of cookies, double chocolate chip.  Do you want one?"  He doesn't eat sweets before a tourney game, or in general really.  He says it slows him down.

"Oh, I uh, have a big game.  I don't eat before a big game.  But thank you so, so much.  Thank you, next time, next time."  He tried walking away, but Mal stopped him.

"No, yeah.  I completely understand.  Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains."  Mal tried the guilt card, clever.

"No, no, no.  It-"

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that."

"No, no no, that's not it.  I really do have-"

"No, I get it.  You're cautious.  That's smart.  Oh well, more for me I guess."  She started to put the cookie in her mouth when Ben reached out and grabbed it from her, taking a bite himself.

"No no, hey.  Totally trust you.  Totally."  He smiled and finished the bite.  Mal looked back at all of us and we slowly made our way towards them, crowding them.

Mal turned back around to face Ben, "How are they?"

"They're great.  Amazing."  He chuckled and continued, "They're um, I mean, they're chewy, and uh, is that walnuts?"

Mal nodded and smiled, "I love walnuts.  I mean uh, the chocolate, chocolate chips.  I'm sorry, um.."  Ben trailed off and it took Carlos everything in him to not burst out laughing.  

I glared at him and punched him in the stomach.  "Ow!"  He whispered to me and I gave him an innocent smile before turning my attention back to Mal and Ben.