Chapter 8

Our carriage pulls up and Ben rushes over to escort Mal to their carriage that will be rode to the palace.  Mal did a great job convincing Ben to go along with our plan, considering he was madly in love with her.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"  Carlos quietly asked me while we headed up to the balcony in the castle.  I just glanced at him and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Of course.  It's time the villains get their happy endings."  I sat down with Marshmallow in my lap, and Carlos sat with Dude next to me.  "Are you having second thoughts?"

"No!  It's just, I can't bring myself to be okay with this."  He said, his eyes wandering all over the castle before settling on my own.

I grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze.  "It'll all be fine.  I know that we're going to be okay.  I promise."  He smiled at me and intertwined our fingers.  My stomach erupted with butterflies but I just shook my head.  I can't like Carlos, but I couldn't bring myself to not like him like that.  Love never works in my family, the only reason Kristoff is even staying with Aunt Anna is because of our royalty status.  I overheard him with one of his ice buddies.

"Ella?"  I heard, and looked up to see Anna standing above me.  Speak of the devil.

"Hi, Auntie."  I said, and gave her a friendly smile.  I've never been close with my aunt, even though she tried so hard, but I was cordial because she tried.  I could respect her efforts, even though they never really paid off.

"What are you doing here with these . . . lovely children?"  She asked, trying to cover the horror replacing her once kind features.

"Auntie Ella!"  Amy, my other cousin, said, jumping up into the seat next to me to hug my neck.  "Who's that?  And what's wrong with his hair?"  The four year old asked, and she reached across me to touch Carlos' hair.

"That's Carlos, one of my best friends.  And that's Evie, and that's Jay, two more of my best friends."  I pointed to each of my friends and Amy leaped off the chair to hug each of them.  

"I like Evie!  Her dress is so pretty!"  Amy squealed, playing with material of the skirt on Evie's dress.

"Thank you!  I made this, you know."  Evie said, entertaining Amy.  For a while, at least.

"You never answered my question, Elaine."  My aunt said, folding her hands over her six-month-pregnant stomach.

"They're my friends, didn't you hear me say that to Amy?"  I asked, gripping onto Carlos' hand a little tighter, wishing I had my gloves.

"But they're the children of our sworn enemies!  You're a good girl, you shouldn't be friends with these children."  Aunt Anna said, giving me a disappointing look, one that I gladly returned.

"But I thought you were always telling me to give everyone a chance, no matter who or what."  I innocently said, batting my eyelashes.

"This is different!  They're from the Isle!  A good person like you shouldn't be around with villains."  She scorned, and I felt Carlos squeeze my hand.  I stole a glance at him, to see his lips pressed in a tight line, and his eyes fixed straight ahead, staring at nothing.

"But Anna, I think you've forgotten where I really am from, and who took me from my friends in the first place."  I said, glaring at her, using my free hand to create snowflakes above my fingertips.

Anna gasped,  "Stop that immediately, Ella!"  She smacked my hand, but I temporarily froze her hand up to her elbow.  Her eyes flashed with a look of terror, and when I unmelted her arm, she grabbed Amy and took off.

"Wow."  I heard Carlos breathe, and I lightly laughed.

"Ha, you should see everyone at family gatherings.  They only go to yell at each other."

"Sounds like my family."  Carlos said, turning his head to me.  "Are you ready?"

"I've never been more ready for anything."  I answered, giving him, Jay, and Evie an evil smile.

The music announcing Ben's entrance started, and everyone stood up.  I held Marshmallow close to my chest, and Carlos did the same with Dude.  Ben walked down the carpet leading to his parents, Fairy Godmother, and the Magic Wand.  He passed the area below us, and we all politely bowed, keeping our eyes on Ben.

He passed Mal and gave her a sly smile, one which Mal greedily returned.  We were all to excited for this, and I tried my best to not freeze everything this very second.

Ben reached the stairs leading to a small landing, on which Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother stood around the Magic Wand.  Fairy Godmother took King Beast's crown off of his head and held it out for everyone to see.  The four of us in the balcony sucked in a slow breath, holding it until Mal made her move.

Ben knelt on the steps, and Fairy Godmother placed it on his head.  A perfect fit.  She then took the wand out of Belle's hands, showing it to everyone, like the crown.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon, with justice and mercy, as long as you shall reign?"  Fairy Godmother asked, holding the wand above his head.

"I do solemnly swear."  Ben answered, a smirk that only the five of us could decipher as evil tugged on his lips.

"Then it his my honor, and my joy, to bless our new king --"  Ben grabbed the wand from her grasp and stood up, holding the wand up like a sword.  You could almost hear Maleficent applaud us.  A large gasp escaped everyone's lips, aside from Mal's, Evie's, Jay's, Carlos', and mine.

"Go, go, go!"  I whispered, setting Marshmallow down as gently as I could and followed Carlos, Evie, and Jay out of the balcony and down the stairs.  We ran to the double doors in the back and raced up to join Ben and Mal in front of the stairs.

Everyone in the castle cowered in fear, but Fairy Godmother ran to the edge of the steps.  "Child, what are you doing?"  

"Everyone, stand back."  Ben shouted, and Audrey stepped forward out of the crowd.

"Ben, what are you doing--"  She was cut short and forced back by me shooting ice past her head, narrowly missing her tiara.

"Ben, let's go!"  Jay said, and we started backing up to run out of the castle.

"Wait!  I want to do something first,"  he said, and waved the wand in the air, saying "bibbity, bobbity, boo".  Suddenly, Belle and Beast were cats, frantically trying to get out of their human clothes.

Barking was heard from behind us and I whipped around to see Marshmallow and Dude running toward us.  I scooped up Marshmallow while Carlos grabbed Dude.

"Ben, we have to go!"  Mal shouted, and we all turned and sprinted out of the castle.

*~*~*

Hey guys!  Sorry this has taken so long, I just wanted to make sure it was perfect.  Leave your thoughts below in the comments, and thank you sooooo much for 5k reads!  That's amazing! <3