Chapter 5

"No mom, I don't want you there.  Family isn't supposed to keep secrets from each other.  Just send a guard or someone, since they don't lie to me about my entire childhood.  Okay.  Yeah, bye."  I put the dial phone down and turned back to Evie and Mal.

"Great!  Now, it's time to get ready for the tourney game."  Evie claps and goes to her makeup stand.

"Evie, you look ravishing, as always, and we are already going to be late.  Let's go."  I laughed and pulled her up from her seat.  We ran down to the tourney field and climbed the bleachers to find three open seats.  Mal had to convince two people to move, which didn't take more than a few words, as per usual, and we sat down.

The game started soon after, and kept noticing Carlos glance back up at me from the bench.  Every time I'd just smile and wave, and he'd smirk and return his gaze back to the field.  Jay and Carlos didn't get to play until the very end, when Carlos, Jay, and Ben scored the winning goal for Auradon Prep.

The crowd went wild, and it was deafening.  The team ran up to the bleachers celebrate when Ben stole the mic from the announcer.

"Excuse me, I have something I'd like to say!  Excuse me!  Hey."  He stood up on the launch thing and stared out at the crowd, a nervous look washing over his face as he was suddenly aware of what he was going to do.

"Give me an 'M'!"  The crowd gave him and 'M'.  "Give me an 'A'."  An 'A'.  "Give me an 'L'."  An 'L'.  "What does that spell?!"  The crowd returned with "MAL!!"

"I love you Mal, did I mention that?"

Everyone turned to face Mal, who just stood there with her arms crossed and an embarrassed look on her face.

"Ooh!  He's in loovve!"  Evie and I mocked her, laughing and high-fiving each other.

Audrey ran off to go find another boyfriend, and Ben was launched by the tourney team onto the bleachers, and he made his way to Mal, asking for a kiss.  She shrunk away, and Audrey came running up the bleachers with Chad, and snatched the mic from Ben.

"Chad's my boyfriend now.  And I'm going to the Coronation with him, so I don't need your pity date."  She turned to kiss Chad, and I turned away, grossed out by the PDA, and after caught Carlos' eyes on me once again, and jokingly gagged.  He laughed and when I heard Ben again, I turned back around.

"Mal, will you go to the Coronation with me?"

"Yes!!"

"She said yes!"  Ben shouted into the mic and the crowd went wild.  Jay came up and took Ben away to go celebrate.  I looked at Mal and Evie, and Evie looked madder than Fairy Godmother earlier.

"You know, I feel really sorry for Audrey."  Mal started, attempting to fold Ben's jersey.  She soon enough gave up and turned to look back at our best friend.

"You do?"  She asked, her voice cracking a little.

"I feel like if she were talented, and could sew like you, then she wouldn't need a guy to feel good about herself."  I finished Mal's thought, and Evie smiled.

"I guess I am pretty talented."  Evie admitted, a smile replacing her frown.

"You are definitely gifted."  Mal laughed, and we all took off down the bleachers, each of us heading in a different direction.  Mal had to go pretend to be in love with Ben, Evie had to go show Doug something, and I had to go talk to Fairy Godmother about switching rooms.  I wasn't going to be rooming with Lonnie if she was going to act like my mother.

*~*~*