Chapter 17

"Between the idea and the reality, between the motion and the act, falls the shadow." T.S. Eliot.

*EDITED*

"You sure we have everything?" I ask my husband for the 15th time. He sets the last suitcase in the trunk and looks at me, "Yes Becca I'm sure." He says slamming the trunk shut.

I sigh, "Ok, I'm sorry; I just want everything to be perfect." Spencer walks up to me and grabs my shoulders, "Becca, sweetheart," Spencer says causing me to blush slightly, "it's going to be perfect, because we get to spend a week together. Alone." He finishes then kisses my forehead. "So you ready to go?"

I smile at him, "Yeah let's get out of here before a case comes and ruins it." I say going around to the passenger side of the car, Spencer following me over and opening the door for me.

Spencer gets into the driver's seat and pulls out of the apartment complex and drives us to the airport.

Going through security and everything was relatively fast at the airport, and we still had an hour until our flight and we had nothing left to do.

"You hungry?" Spencer asks me as we sit near the gate.

"Yeah, I could eat." I say honestly as my stomach growls quietly.

Spencer stands up and reaches his hand out for me to grab, "Come on let's go get food."

I take my husband's hand and we walk through the airport to one of the restaurants. As I flip through the menu at the restaurant I can feel Spencer staring at me, I glance up at him, "What?" I ask.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" Spencer tells me. I smile at him, "I love you," I simply say.

Spence smiles back at me, "I love you too." He tells me.

We quickly order some food and scarf it down just in time to board our flight. We board the plane and take our seats, "It feels weird to be on a plane on not having a lot of room," I say thinking of the jet, and how much space there is.

"Yeah, but we sit this close to each other on the jet anyway," Spencer points out making me laugh.

"True, but the jet smells better than this plane." I point out.

"Ok I can't deny that." Spencer says chuckling slightly putting his arm around me.

"It feels weird," I say once we take off, "Having a whole week off work."

"I know, we never get away from that place." Spencer agrees with me.

"What are we going to do for a whole week?" I ask, not had making plans in advance for our honeymoon.

"Oh I have some things planed." Spencer says.

I turn and look at him, "Do you now?" I ask him. Spencer simply nods at me. "What do you have planned?" I ask him.

"I can't tell you." Spencer tells me.

"Why not?"

"Because it's a surprise." Spencer says, kissing me.

"I don't like surprises," I say wanting to know what was going on in his head.

"Don't worry, you'll love this." He says pulling me to lean back on him.

"Ok, I'm trusting you." I say laying back down on him.

"Good." Spencer says, pulling me slightly closer to him.

The rest of the flight is quiet, me resting my head on Spencer, and him resting his head on me. We land in Maui roughly ten hours later, or ten hours and 4 minutes as Spencer told me.