I pull away shortly after. Even the short kisses are euphoric; just being that close to her in general is enough to make me breathless.

     "Goodnight, Isis."

     When I go downstairs the following morning, I find Randie on the sofa with the television on, watching a rerun of Reba.

     "Bambi, what in the world are you watching?" I ask humorously, amused by the scene playing out in front of me.

     She looks up at me, and points to the remote. "I can't get the amote to work!"

     I chuckle and settle myself momentarily on the sofa next to her. "What do you want to watch? Barbie isn't on yet, so that's not an option."

     I end up signing onto Netflix, and Randie quickly decides that she wants to watch Blue's Clues.

     "Did you take your pull-up off?" I ask, figuring that it's the kind of question Isis would ask.

     She nods in response. "I threw it in the trash and got dressed!" She's wearing a Princess Tiana dress-up gown, and her mismatched socks are making her outfit one-hundred percent better.

     I head into the kitchen and open the fridge, which contains nothing but my shock at the lack of food inside it. There's a small assortment of fruit left, along with some suspicious-looking Chinese leftovers. There are a few other things, like bacon and some sour cream, but besides that, my fridge is nearly empty.

     I make-do with what I have, and prepare a fruit medley. I cook the bacon, and contemplate putting sour cream on top of a small stack of it. As the coffee brews, I walk over to start washing some dishes. My feet catch on something, so I look down and see Isis' boots from last night still laying on the floor.

     The boots are soon placed out of the way, and I'm back to preparing our Sunday breakfast. It's not long before Isis appears in the living room, wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a cream-colored sweater, and my hat. The fact that she's wearing my beanie only makes my morning brighter, bringing a smile to my face.

     "You hungry?" I ask, my way of playing it cool as I'm soon joined by her in the kitchen.

     "Starving," She answers, taking a seat at the island. "What's on the menu for today?"

     I grin, and spin around to face her. "It's a little masterpiece I like to call Tout Ce Qui Reste, which means, all there is left. This meal includes a small pile of mouth-watering bacon, and a refreshing, healthy bowl of fruit salad."

     She doesn't look impressed. "All there is left? And I didn't know you speak French."

     I shrug. "I took three years of it in high school, but I'm pretty rusty now. And yes, all there is left. It seems that a trip to the store is in my near future."

     "Can I come with?" It's Randie, who's making her way to the table. I turn back around and flip the last batch of bacon.

     "Why don't we all go?" I ask, looking to Isis for her opinion.

     She purses her lips, narrowing her eyes as she thinks. "I have to look for a job today," She mumbles.

     I turn off the stove and pull the bowl of fruit out of the desolate fridge. "Says who? Do it tomorrow." The refridgerater door is closed by a nudge of my foot as I carry the bowl to the table. I notice Randie's longing stare, and push the bowl away from her. "Not yet," I say with a wink, causing her to pout.