Distracted AU pt.2

A/N: This was literally supposed to be a one shot but I loved it so much here's some feels without (notable) porn because I'm addicted to this AU. Kudos to @SoulessQueenOfHell

Now, if anyone was good at keeping a relationship under wraps it was Dean and Castiel.

It continued innocently enough. The slightly public flirting didn't start until later though. But mostly shared jokes and musings shared while in the office and around the building. People noticed they spent more time together.

Quickly, one hour of lunch became three, became all day and then going out to bars together. They spent some nights in each other's company, days rushing to get tasks done so they could chat and every single second trying to figure out something.

Said something came to light as Dean, one rainy and thundering day, sat on his desk and started silently sobbing. Tears rolled down his cheeks and Cas ran up to wipe them away in one sensual touch. His soft eyes glazing over the pained expression Dean wore.

"My dad, he uh..." Dean managed to say after a cup of coffee and Cas rubbing his back for an hour. "I came out to my family," he blurted out.

Cas nodded understandingly and scooted up and I closer to Dean, coaxing him to keep sharing the event.

"Sam knew."

"About what?"

"Me...Cas, I like dudes."

"Yes, I gathered. We had sex. And if it's any consolation I came out to my entire family whilst driving them all in a mini bus..."

Dean gazed at Cas with red eyes but still that new and cute confused expression. "H-How?"

"I made a pun. It was a bad one but I couldn't resist," Cas shrugged and braced himself to cringe at the memory, "all the time my brother was shouting next to me to 'drive straight' and I, after about a day of driving and a headache with no vocal filter, said 'how can you expect me to drive straight when no part of me is'...and the whole car fell silent."

Dean cracked up a smile, the small wrinkles by his eyes highlighting it. He let out a small laugh and leant his head down on Castiel's shoulder. "You're lucky. You could have my dad. The one guy I want approval of, who I look up to, said that I don't exist. And that I'm not his son from that moment on..."

"Yes, but he's missing out on the best person he could wish to be around. He's disowned the most amazing, charming and hilarious people on earth." Cas softly spoke and ran his hand down Dean's thigh, holding over his knee. "And certainly one of the most beautiful..."

Dean's breath hitched and Cas quickly drew his hand away.

"You really think I'm beautiful, sweet cheeks?"

"Of course I do, sir. Have you meet anyone who doesn't think you're hot?"

Dean scratched his neck and blushed at the compliment. "...No."

During work things got more flirty and risky. Cas got more touchy feely and keened into every touch Dean gave him back or every word Dean said, Dean would look at him like he's the universe.

Cas showed him kindness and humbleness so Dean gravitated toward him.

While Dean, Dean teased him with touches that almost happened. Smiles that made Cas blush. Biting his tongue, nibbling on pencils, licking the cream off the top of his coffee sometimes. All the time Cas would be staring.