Don't Tell Him AU

Castiel sprinted to the front door as Dean pounded his fist on it. "CAS! CASTIEL! CASSIE!" Castiel opened the door and threw Dean a look of disappointment as Dean laughed at him. "Hey, buddy. So, Crowley got me the fake IDs...."

Cas rolled his eyes at his best friend. Pretty much his only friend besides Jo and Ash in their English class.

"I thought you were joking when you said we should go to a bar." It never ceased to amaze Cas what lengths Dean would go to.

Dean shook his head.

"Of course I was serious. Hey, so...um..." Castiel watched as Dean blushed and fidgeted. "You know about...uh, that guy right?" Dean looked into Cas' eyes with nervousness.

"Yes, I know about your gay crush."

Dean smiled and the tension left his shoulders, which made Castiel smile that he could do that. Yeah, he knew Dean had a gay crush and Dean knew that.

He also knew Dean had a crush on him, which Dean didn't know.

Dean also didn't know that Castiel had been pondering over it for months since Jo had told him. She only told him because Castiel had given him a hard time about not telling his best friend who it was. Jo had snapped at him, and he started going easy on Dean.

He didn't want Dean's dreams getting dashed by Castiel. Especially if Cas thought he might like Dean back. Castiel scoffed at himself. Dean was his best friend, he liked the bond they shared. He didn't want to break or ruin it. Plus what if they broke up? That would ruin it even more.

"Yeah, well he's going to be there," Dean looked at his shoes, "and I really wanted to impress him tonight."

"Even though you know you have no chance with him?" Castiel frowned. He hated talking to Dean about his crush. It wasn't his fault Castiel didn't feel the same way towards his best friend. Well, he thought he didn't feel the same way. Castiel rolled his eyes inwardly at himself and pushed the thought to the back of his head.

Cas watched as Dean slumped his shoulders and nodded. "Well, I mean he's gay. So it's not like there is absolutely no chance. There's just no chance he'd like me, which isn't surprising really since he's my-" Dean stopped. He shook his head and looked at Castiel. He straightened his shoulders. "So you coming or not?"

Castiel smiled and nodded. "Of course, moral support right?" Castiel's heart fluttered as Dean's smile brightened.

"Yeah, moral support."

-

They'd been friends since freshman year. Best friends really. How could Castiel ruin that? He shook his head again to clear his head of all thoughts of Dean. He couldn't like Dean like that. Dean was his best friend. There was no way he could like Dean like that.

Sure he was gay, Dean was bi, but that was just a matter of sexuality not how much Castiel liked Dean and loved to make him smile.

He shook his head again and turned his attention to Dean who was currently chugging down his third beer.

The place wasn't that busy when they had gotten there, but it had gotten really crowded after half an hour. Castiel had one beer, but decided to lay off since he would probably be driving Dean home. He doubted it, since they brought Dean's car Baby. Dean's prized treasure.

Castiel certainly didn't push back feelings of jealousy about a car. Castiel didn't even have feelings towards Dean anyways, Dean was just his best friend. Castiel put the thoughts to the back of his mind. He really wanted to drink, mostly to put his mind at rest about his non-crush.