Chapter 3 - Prank

Natasha and Bruce were upstairs organizing where every avenger would sleep, Alma and Clint were going to the basement to turn on the lodge's generator, Tony and Steve were lighting up the fireplace. Every single one was doing something useful for the little vacations without feeling old.

"I think we need more firewood, I'm going to get it Rogers" Tony said walking away.

"Ok I'll wait" Steve replied.

Downstairs, Alma and Clint were trying to understand how that generation works, Alma was with the lantern and Clint was reading the instructions in hope to find answers.

"I think it's the yellow button and then I'll pull the lever, but you only click after me okay?" Clint explained.

"Yes, I'm ready." Alma replied.

Clint pulled the lever and Alma clicked immediately, the generator began to work and they smiled to each other, but they heard a strange noise coming for the corridor. "What was that?" Clint said. "Stay here I'm going to see what's going on".

"Wait I'll go with you" Alma said with an upset look in her face, the team was always thinking that she was just a little girl.

Clint nodded and they began to get closer but suddenly a figure with a black cloak appeared and yelled at them with a knife. "SHIT!" Alma said. "What is this?!" She punched the figure and Clint did the same. "Who the hell are you?" Clint asked.

"Guys... it's just me, it was a prank... ouch!"

"Tony?" Clint said. "What are you doing down here, with a cloak?"

"I was just going to scare you" he laughed but Alma was serious. "What? You guys said no technologies so I need to entretain myself!"

"I'm sorry but that's ridiculous, you deserved the punch" she said and then went upstairs with the lantern. "Are you guys coming?"

Steve was in the couch with a book in his hands still waiting for Tony when he saw him with that weird black cloak carrying firewood and Clint and Alma behind him. "I was almost sleeping, I didn't know the basement was so far away" Steve said ironically.

"He did a prank" Alma said. "He thought he could scare us and dressed that embarassing thing".

"Only Tony would to that" Steve laughed. Alma stared at him smiling for a few seconds and then Natasha called her to go upstairs. "Okay Nat, I'm coming!" she replied. "So see you later Steve"

"See you later Alma"

Alma met Natasha in the big bedroom and she saw Bruce was reading a book in one of the beds but then Natasha interrupted her thoughts. "The dinner is going to be ready very very late so why don't you go take a walk with Steve" she winked.

"Uh..."

"I know you guys have been really close, there's a cool viewpoint next to the guests cabin, go with him!" Natasha smiled. "Bruce is resting a little bit but then we will make some sandwiches, now go!"

Alma was really embarassed, he is Captain America, maybe was still lost after finding out about Peggy and besides the other guys would think she was just a babygirl and not an agent capable to be part of the Avengers, her biggest dream. "I... I... Okay, okay I'll go, what could go wrong right?" Alma replied.

"There's my girl! We just met today but I'm already loving you!" Natasha said smiling.

"Natasha we can go to the kitchen and see what's there" Bruce interrupted and Natasha nodded.

The three went downstairs and while Alma was walking, Steve was already looking at her discreetly, or trying to, because Alma noticed he was looking at her and his face turned red.

"Hi Steve, again" she laughed. "So Natasha suggested one interesting thing. "Tony was trying to hear them talking. "There's a viewpoint next to the guest cabins and she said it was pretty amazing, do you..." her voice failed. "do you wanna come with me?"

Steve immediately smiled. "Yes... yes! Of course. Tony I'm going outside, you can light the fireplace with Clint."

"Okay, I don't have any choice right?" Tony laughed. "Go with her, don't worry."

Steve hold the door for Alma and she smiled and thanked him, the two started walking in the snow in silence, Steve was too shy to say a word but then Alma broke the silence.

"Anyone in this group thinks I'm weak, do you think that too?" She asked.
"They haven't seen you in action, just Clint. But I think you're not, you're just sweet." He answered putting a smile on her face.
"I just... They thought I was good and requested me to do those missions but now I have two choices, or I make a group or I make a normal life." She said with anger. "Years ago I wouldn't think like this but now I am tired".
Steve removed his hand from the pocket and touched her shoulder. "I understand. Don't be so worried about their opinions, only you know what you've been through."
"Thank you." She smiled."Now let's forget this, I'm sorry."
"You don't need to!" Steve replied.
Behind the trees there was something looking at them, it moved fast, like a spider, but they didn't see it. There were so many clouds in the sky making the sun disappear and then it began to snow. Steve looked at Alma and gave her a sign to continue walking to the viewpoint, they were almost there.
"So here we are, the guests cabin looks more comfy than the lodge" Alma laughed. "I like little houses."
"Yes me too, I wish I had one." Steve replied, blushing a little bit. "I know it's weird thinking that Captain America would like a house like that."
"No it's not! Cmon let's go to the viewpoint and fine cool stuff in these mountains."
Steve said Alma to see first through the telescope and she did, she started from the left and saw the cable car, the bigger mountains, and going to the right she saw a huge building that looked old and abandoned, next to a radio tower. "What is that?" Alma asked. "That old building."
"I think Tony said it was the old sanatorium, it is abandoned now"
"It would be a cool place to visit with the group, I mean, it looks really mysterious, I love that".
"Let me see." Steve said, Alma gave him space to look to the old sanatorium. "It may have cool stuff... Whoa! Did you see that? I think I saw someone there."
A/N: Next chapter on Saturday! I hope you like this one... Xx