Chapter 5 - The Sanatorium and The Reveal

Steve jumped the wall to get closer to the sanatorium but then he saw a man walking, so he hid. He looked around for an entrance and found a old conduct that could get him inside, so he went there.

The room was dark so Steve grabbed the lantern that he had in the pocket. Everything was destroyed like in the guests cabin, but this place gave him chills, it looked abandoned but only God knew who was there. There were big holes in the ceiling, something was wrong with that place. He saw a way to get there upstairs and grabbed a barrel so he could climb there. The first thing he saw was the hall of the big sanatorium. He started walking again, noticing how everything was destroyed and then he saw a door, but it was locked. "Damn it "he said, walking back to the hall. He found something saying "Blackwood Pines Sanatorium. Opened in 1922" and it confirmed how old that place was, but not as old as he was. Next he found a room and a huge creepy and dark corridor that leaded to more rooms, they had lots of papers and files talking about the sanatorium, most of them were about people who were living there years ago, it  said that the miners did tunnels in the sanatorium ground without premissions.

"Curious" Steve whispered.

Then he found a note saying "One of those guys actually tried to bit me! I'm going to report it to Dr Richards.". Steve found that really weird and moved downstairs to the next rooms, and in one of them he found a blade and kept it, for safety. In the next room he found a morgue, and opened one of the drawers that wasn't closed, it had an employee corpse and a security card so he keep it as well. He moved to a restricted area using the card and found an angry wolf barking, so Steve began to run super fast through the corridors and in the end he closed the door, he was safe, for now. He looked around one more time and saw nothing, so he walked to the exit tunnel that he found. "Where are you Alma?" he whispered.

**

Bruce was sleeping with the book in his face but he didn't noticed he was being observed by the psycho, who had a skull shaped metal mask. He punched Bruce in the head and he fainted. When he woke up, Bruce was in a room in front of a tv. "This was what happened when you were sleeping..." the psycho said. The video started and it showed what happened to Tony, Natasha and Clint.

"No... no... Tony isn't dead that's impossible." And then, he felt pain in his head again. He fainted.

The psycho dragged him to a cell on the lodge basement, and went upstairs again. When Steve ended the tunnel, he saw the psycho leaving and hid thinking "What's going on around here? Who's that guy?", when he felt it was safe to move on, he called Bruce.

"Bruce! Wake up!" Steve said.

His eyes opened. "Whoa, what happened?" he said, dizzy.

"Shhh! Get over here".

"I remember seeing someone dragging me, he had a skull shaped metal mask." Bruce said. "What happened? You have lots of blood in your clothes"

"There's a maniac here in the mountains and he's trying to kill us all, we have to hurry, I'm going to unlock the door" Steve said.

"He attacked me too, and he showed me these videos too, and it showed Tony being killed... by a blade".

Steve expression changed to a serious one. "Jesus Christ...what is going on... Alma... she was taken by someone".

"What the hell..."

Steve walked and unlocked the door, giving Bruce the lantern and the two of them started walking through the corridor.

**

Nat and Clint walked through the snow really slow, Natasha was still shocked, she couldn't breathe properly and then she stopped. "We should go back to the lodge first, Bruce is alone, and at least Alma is with Steve. Let's go this way" she said.

"This makes no sense." Clint said. "Who'd kill Tony? Here? Nobody knows we are here."

"I don't know Clint." Nat said.

When they arrived the lodge, everything was quiet and the fireplace wasn't lighted anymore.

"Bruce? Are you upstairs?" Natasha yelled while climbing up the stairs. "Bruce?"

"I'm going to grab my bow and the arrows." Clint said.

"Bruce?"

When Nat entered the kitchen, the sandwiches were stil in place, so she went to the bedroom in which had a book on the floor and the bed was all messed. "Clint, please come here" she said.

"Whoa, where is he?"

"This doesn't look good..."

Something moved behind them, Clint put his bow ready and Natasha looked for her guns in her backpack.

"Didn't you know you were forbidden to have weapons?" The psycho asked making Clint move.

"Didn't you know we are the avengers?" Natasha said shooting the wall.

"Oh dear Natasha..." the psycho started running and so did them.

Clint shoot some arrows but none shot the psycho, he was moving to the basement and so did them. "You're going to pay!" Natasha yelled while shooting.

Without noticing, they entered in a room full of blades in the roof. The door closed and locked itself, but there was a corridor in the other side.

"So, shall we start again?" the psycho said.

"We're going to find you." Clint replied.

The psycho laughed loudly and showed himself, his mask was glowing even in the dark and he put his hands up, but then on the other side of the corridor, Bruce and Steve appeared.

Natasha shot the psycho but he still moved laughing. "You thought I didn't have protection huh..." and then he took his mask off his face. It was Tony.

"Ha ha! Very good!" Tony said and laughed. "Did you guys enjoyed the prank? Haha you really thought I was dead"

"I don't know you if you noticed this Tony, but none of us is laughing" Steve said.

"Cmon guys, it was the funniest thing ever!" he was still laughing. "I had so many work to do this work! I worked on metallic voices, special effects, and all the gore? Fake bodies! I mean... yep it exists! You should've seen your faces!"

"Why... why are you doing this to us?" Natasha asked.

"He's not okay, don't even ask that. "Steve said.

"Well he's off his meds" Bruce said.

"Come on guys, it was just a prank! And you're going to be viral!" they looked at him with angry faces. "Yes I recorded everything! We got blood! Heroes screaming!"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? ALMA IS DEAD! ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID PRANK!" Steve started walking in Tony's direction.

"Wait... what?" Tony changed his expression.

"DID YOU HEAR ME? SHE'S DEAD AND YOU'RE GOING TO PAY YOU MONSTER." Steve punched him in the face and Tony fainted.

***************