Alex & Me Ch.10

Alex & Me

Chapter 10

The next day, that was Sunday, Amy took us shopping.

Hayley had come along too. After I'd begged for about an hour or so. I couldn't face the torture alone. Amy made me try out the most outrageous outfits and if Hayley hadn't been there I'm sure Amy would forced me into buying them.

God bless Hayley.

So after shopping for six hours straight with no food - yeah Amy was crazy like that - we finally came back to my place. Amy started putting the clothes in my wardrobe saying she'd paired them properly and that I better show up wearing the right clothes tomorrow or...she didn't bother finishing the threat. I didn't need her to.

We had dinner at my place and then Hayley and Amy left. I started to help my mom clean up the dishes, yawning.

"Its okay honey. I'll get those later. You go on and sleep. You look exhausted." Mom said taking away the plates from my hands.

"Shopping with Amy would do that to you. Thanks Mom. G'night" I said kissing her on the cheek.

"Yeah she's a force of nature," she laughed and then as I started going up the stairs she called softly, "Good night Peanut."

I smiled. She hadn't called me that in years. I turned back to smile at her and couldn't stop the yawn. She smiled back shaking her head.

I finally reached my bed and got in.

I was out before my head touched the pillow.

***

The next morning I got up early. I had to get ready in one of the outfits Amy had picked. Though she had not gone all out crazy for my wardrobe it still wasn't what I would be comfortable wearing. I was so hopeless I couldn't tell anyone what it was exactly that I was wearing if they were to ask me right now. It just fit me better than my usual jeans and hoodie over a tank top.

I managed to get ready in time so I went downstairs. Mom and Dad were at the table.

"Good Morning! You look beautiful Zoey" Dad said smiling and kissing me on the forehead.

I blushed.

"Thanks Dad" I said looking down.

"And you blush just like your mother did whenever she was complimented." he laughed.

I looked up to see Mom blushing and hitting him on the arm.

"I didn't!" she said and then turned to me, "But yes, you do look beautiful honey." she said smiling and handing over the plate.

"Um thanks.." I said taking the plate. I could feel the heat on my face.

"So what's with the new clothes ?" Dad asked.

"Amy got to me." I said gravely. He chuckled.

After that we had our breakfast in peace. I'd almost forgotten that I was supposed to leave for school when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I said running to the door, careful not to trip. I opened the door to reveal Alex.

"Hey Z we gott- " he stopped mid-sentence as he looked me, top to bottom, "Wow!" he exclaimed.

I blushed and smiled.

"I-I mean you look beautiful" he said his cheeks turning pink, "I mean not that you don't everyday. You do-"