Alex & Me Ch.2

Okay so here's the next chapter hope you all like it !

Alex and Me

Chapter 2

We played together the whole day that day and I had a lot of fun. Alex told me he was learning how to play the piano and that he had one at home. I asked him if I could listen to him play and he smiled, his eyes twinkling, "Of course! You're my best friend now!"

I beamed.

"Hey would you like to go to the near by park tomorrow? We could have gone today but it's getting late now," he said.

I nodded and we just lay there in the grass for some time, thinking and not speaking for a while.

I usually did not talk to boys that much. And when I did I would be looking at the ground, or anywhere else, other than their eyes. I found it hard to maintain eye contact. And I blushed so easily my mom said it had to be a talent. Blushing at will.

But with Alex I felt very comfortable. I even looked into his eyes as we talked but that didn't mean it stopped me from turning pink everytime I did. His eyes were black and he had dark hair. He was the same height as me and he was very good looking. As soon as that thought popped into my head I felt the heat in my cheeks.

"Why are you blushing?" Alex asked.

I blushed even more, realizing he had been looking at me, and shook my head. We fell silent for some time just lying in the grass. It was late afternoon and the sun would set in a few hours. I could still feel him looking at me.

"Which school do you go to? " I asked, changing the subject.

He frowned but answered,"I go to Preston. What about you? Where will you be going? "

"I'll be going to St. Claire's." I said. I didn't want to go there anymore. I fowned and his face mirrored mine.

Just then his mother came out, "Alex ! Lets go home! We have to have dinner! "

He did not look pleased but his mother came near and said,"You can play with Zoey later honey, they are coming to our house for dinner and you need to wash and get all clean right?"

He stood up reluctantly and I followed suit."Bye Zoey! See you in a few " and then he hugged me.

I stood still, my eyes wide, my cheeks red and Mrs. Brandon had a smile on her face and her eyes seemed to twinkle as she looked at us. I hugged him back whispering,"See you later Alex."

He let go of me and then started rubbing the back of his neck, his cheeks tinged with pink and said "Sure!" and ran to his house. I kept staring after him till he was inside the house and was brought out of my reverie by Mrs. Brandon's beautiful laugh.

"It was nice meeting you sweetie, see you," she said still smiling.

"It was nice meeting you too, Mrs. Brandon."

"Oh honey please call me Rose ! Mrs. Brandon sounds too formal."

"Okay see you.....Rose " I tried it, feeling a little awkward calling her by her name. But she just smiled and winked at me and turned to leave. I went inside as well.

***

I was in my room now. I took a bath because I had been covered in mud lying around on the grass  all day. I quickly changed and ran downstairs, waiting for my parents to get ready. They came down after sometime. Mom looked very pretty like she always did and dad looked very handsome. I ran to him - surprisingly not finding anything to trip over - and hugged him around the waist, "Hi Daddy !"

"Hi Peanut! " he laughed and picked me up, depositing me on one of the many boxes in the living room.

"Did you have fun today? " he asked while mom went into the kitchen to get something.

I nodded "I did! And I met my best friend today! Alex! He's my best friend!"

"Oh he is, is he?"

I nodded again,"He said he'll take me to the park tomorrow. Its near here somewhere. Can I go daddy? Please? "

"Sure Peanut but please be careful. And don't fall." he said, laughing when I pouted at him,"Daddy!" But he continued laughing and I continued pouting. Then his hands came to my tummy and he started tickling me. I let out a shriek of laughter and kept squirming.

"Please! Stop! P-P-please! Stooop!" I yelled, laughing uncontrollably.

"Robert! Stop tickling my daughter right this instant! " I heard my mom's voice from the kitchen door. Dad stopped and I looked up and saw my mom trying to make a stern face at him but the small smile on her lips failed her.

I ran to her,"Mommy! Thank you!" I said, hugging her around her waist with all my might.

She laughed, ruffling my hair, "You're welcome, Peanut"

"I love you Mommy! "

"Love you too, honey."

I heard someone clearing their throat and turned to see daddy looking at me pointedly and pouting. I giggled and his lips twitched.

"I loooovvveee you Daddy ", I sang and he laughed shaking his head, "Love you too sweetheart."

"So...shall we go?" mom asked and I started bouncing on my feet.

"Yes! Yes! Lets go! Come on!" I said, pulling her by the hand towards the door. Both of them shook their heads, laughing and followed me out.

I smiled. I was going to meet Alex again.