Alex & Me Ch.6

Okay done with another one. Tell me if you like it. Or even if u don't...Just please let me know what you think! =)

And to those who commented and voted for the previous chapters - Thank you!

Moving on...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex & Me

Chapter 6

Six years later

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I'm wrestling with my pants as I open the door of the bathroom and race to my room. Its a wonder I don't fall. My clumsiness certainly grew with my age. I finally reach my room and manage to get them on. I quickly run a brush through my hair, find my converse shoes and slip my feet through them. I grab my bag and dash down the stairs. That's when I hear a horn beep twice outside and I curse.

Stupid alarm. Had to stop working today, didn't it ?

I don't have time for breakfast so I snatch a granola bar from the fridge, shouting out greetings to my parents as I rush out of the house. I jump into the car waiting outside and manage to close the door just as the tyres squeal and Alex pulls out.

"What were you doing Z ? We are gonna be late! " he said, not turning to look at me but keeping his eyes on the road as he drove maniacally in an effort to reach on time. It was just as well. I didn't want to end up dead on the first day of my senior year.

"I'm sorry! My alarm didn't go off this morning!" I explained turning to look at him.

Somewhere between the junior and the senior years, Alex had transformed from being a 'cute' boy to someone who turned heads everywhere he went. Standing tall at an admirable 6 ft, he'd lost all the baby fat and had discovered all the underlying muscles. But he was not too muscular, just lean and fit. It helped that he ran every morning in order to keep fit as he was on our track team. His presence was so captivating that he would have everyone's attention as soon as he entered a room. He'd also become more confident over the years and more outgoing. But underneath it all he was still the same boy I'd met years ago.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice that we'd already reached school and so when the car jerked to a stop I made a surprised noise at the back of my throat and looked up. Students were running in hurrying as the bell was about to go off.

"Come on Z! If we run we can still make it in time! I really don't want a detention on the first day back!" he said grabbing his bag from where he'd thrown it on the backseat and getting out.

Usually he'd open the door for me, the perfect gentleman that he was but now there was no time for the gentlemanly gestures. I threw open the door quickly, getting down and shutting it behind me. He waited for me in front of the car, locked the car with the remote and grabbed my hand and started running towards the school building. I of course blushed but then I turned red at almost everything so I don't think he thought too much of it.