Jai awkwardly rubs the back of his neck and explains as if he could read my mind, "I'm aware we have outgrown this room by far now but we're actually thinking of moving so mom refuses to redo it." I run my finger along the dusty doorpost. "It's quite cozy. I like it." 

I start to search my duffel for the night clothes, but the only thing I manage to find is my sanitary bag. "Umm, Jai, I have a feeling I left my PJ's behind-"

"You can borrow my shirt if you'd like to," he offers.

"Oh, okay... I wasn't going to ask you that but it would actually be kinda appreciated," I smile at him. He climbs down his bunk and digs through the top drawer of the dresser for a few moments, then hands me a blue Avengers t-shirt and a pair of soft grey sweatpants. 

I slip into the bathroom and close the door behind me. It smells odd in here - like a mixture of an aftershave and a Dior perfume - but welcoming at the same time. Since I showered before leaving home, I just strip out of my clothes and slip Jai's t-shirt over my bra. It smells amazing, pretty much like something a boy would smell like. Although he could've been more original - come on, the classic 'let's show her how caring I am and give her the nicest clothes I can find in the mess that happens to be my wardrobe'? The thing that all of my previous boyfriends have tried to pull? This time it's different though, it's not like me and Jai are actually an item.

I pull on the sweats too, comb through my hair with my fingers, put it up in a messy bun, wash my face clean of makeup, apply some aloe vera moisturizer to calm my skin and lastly brush my teeth with my pink toothbrush and a tube of Colgate I found laying around under the sink. Before exiting the bathroom, I can't help but spray a little bit of Armani Code on my neck. I sniff the air. Exactly what Jai's wearing. 

I drop my duffel on the floor next to the bed in the guest room and flick on the bedside light. The room smells of air freshener and the bedding is eerily white just like the bedsheets in hotels. I smile thankfully. Gina has tried to make me feel as welcome as possible and she has succeeded, almost too well... Only it's so lonely in here. I would much more prefer sleeping in a heap of four guys on the living room floor, but oh well, that's not what a lady would do. I roll my eyes. That's what my mum used to tell me when I was in elementary school. 

I decide to drop by Jai's and Luke's door to say good night to Jai. He's laying on his top bunk, only wearing joggers and no shirt typing something on his iPhone. When I sight his tanned abs, I try my hardest to hold back a grin. I lean against the doorpost and just stand there smirking until he senses my presence and finally looks up. "Thought you'd never notice me. Well, I just came to say that your shirt is very cozy and then nite-nite don't let the bed bugs bite!" "G'night Ari," he softly answers and smiles. I wish he would say something more, something that would give me the excuse to run there and press my lips against his... 

"Cuddle with me?"

"What?!" I have to say it to make sure I didn't imagine it in my head.

"Will you maybe... cuddle with me for a bit?" Jai repeats, this time with a lot less confidence. I dig my nails into the palm of my hand and bite my lip. I would hate to turn this offer down... But what if Gina suddenly walks in? She would definitely see this is more than 'just pals'. And what if Luke wakes up and decides he wants to continue the night in his own bed? We would be dead meat. But the offer seems so tempting... Ah, screw that.  

I smile at him shyly. "Sure," and climb under the covers next to him. He props himself up on his elbow so we're facing each other. He's completely naked from the waist up. Well, this is awkward. I eye him up and down, trying not to stop on his stomach for too long.

"Like what you see?" Jai smirks and flexes his torso. I burst out laughing and immediately clap my hands over my mouth for making too loud noise. Jai giggles and moves my hand away from my mouth. "Don't. This way I won't be able to see your gorgeous smile."