I Found || Artemis and the Lion

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."

CHAPTER TEN

Bellamy stared at Arva, who was laying down in the pod. He couldn't think about how Arva did any of those things. He knew Kane raised her to be better. Although, Bellamy was realizing the same thing. He was hold Arva's hand, stroking it. "I don't know how you've managed to be okay with anything and everything. I'm not okay with anything really. My mother...if she knew what I've done, who I am...she raised me to be better, to be good and all I do is hurt people. I hurt you so many times and you just think it's okay. Like...somehow you deal with it. I can't deal with it." Bellamy sniffled, wiping his nose with his free hand.

"I'm a monster." He mumbled looking down at his girlfriend. He wanted her to still be his girlfriend. He wanted her to be more. He wanted to be with her until she died. Although, he wasn't quite sure if this was her time. He knew one day she'd die from trying to be there hero she wanted to be. He would do anything for her, but she cared enough about him to die. Bellamy then started to realize, that Arva loved him in the most bitterest ways.

Their love was not like honey or cinnamon. She always thought she was a worthless girl, being the daughter of Kane and being an embarrassment. But then it all clicked for Bellamy.

He thought it was amazing how Arva threw her life away for him, because she thought she was worthless and that Bellamy was worth the universe. Her bones were scraped against the floor for him, blood was shed for him, she crumbled beneath the earth for his touch, and lived for the sun just to see him shine in his brightest moments. Bellamy regretted all the words her mutter earlier that day to her.

"You aren't Athena, Arva. You weren't born like the goddess you were meant to be. You came out fighting, covered in blood. I bet you wished you were born out of the head. You were born with a burden, to be the best that you can be. You will never be allowed to live in Mount Olympus, you weren't supposed to anyways. I think you were meant for Earth. I think you were meant to be running through the forest, being wild and free with no restrictions. You...you were born with an untamable beast and I'm so sorry you have to be born like that. You will never be like your father. With your wild hair and blood on your palms, you'll be seen and known of. You command people and it lights them on fire from your brazing words. Your war cry is like no others, you are like Artemis. You are like a lion that shouldn't be caged. You were caged your whole life, but here you are. This is your fate. I hope your war isn't over. You've guided me through a lot. You left when no one else did. I can't watch you leave this world. It's too hard to watch and too hard to turn away from you, Arva. You're just another story within a book." Bellamy ranted about the Gods to the girl in front of him.

Bellamy was blind.

Bellamy was hopeless.