I Found || Prologue

"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on."

PROLOGUE

Her body collided against the metal wall, as she shrieked for someone to help her. Someone slapped her mouth shut, to conceal her constant persistence to receive help. Her father stared at her, trying to whisper soothing words so she can calm down and get rid of her anxiety. The girl thrashed her body around, she was getting ready to get floated this morning, but not this early. Her father wasn't proud of her, but she never thought that he'd be the one floating her. Someone told her all the votes to float her were unanimous.

Even her own father wanted her off the Arc.

"Arva, calm down. I am trying to save you. You and a hundred other teens are going to be the first people to get sent to earth after ninety-five years. You're going to be the test if Earth is safe for us, the Arc, to settle down on. We'll give you supplies and everything you need." He informed her, although his tone was rushed. Her eyes widen and her body lost tension that was building up in her muscles. Marcus quickly dragged her down the hallway, took her down to a section that she had only seen once. The girl was zoning out, she didn't want this. She didn't want to go onto Earth. She wasn't set up for this. She'd rather get floated and suffocate to death by lack of oxygen.

When Arva was little, she'd play hide and seek around the Arc. No one was allowed to be down there, but she managed to run around with her best friend. Arva would try to explain that she tripped and that was that caused her pale skin to turn black and blue. When she would get in trouble, Marcus would lock her in the room. It was more than harsh perhaps, but he needed to maintain a clean name on the Arc.

Marcus quickly gave his little girl all the supplies that she needed. Food cans, dehydrated fruit packets, water and a few knives and a gun. She wasn't expecting that her father would hand her these weapons, especially for what occurred on the Arc. She just stared at her father, not wanting to process any of the information he was tossing rapidly at her. Before she knew it, Marcus was instructing her to put a suit on. It was the type of suit astronauts used over a century ago. It was baggy on the girl and she felt tiny.

Everything was moving too fast like the stars that shoot across the universe. Marcus kissed her on her helmet before buckling her up in the mission pod. She glanced around to only realize this was an old pod from a few decades ago as well. The technology was out of date, none of the buttons made sense to her. She flicked a few switches before she looked out the filthy glass.

"I'm sorry Arva, but they were going to float you. I thought maybe this way you'll have a chance to survive." Marcus smiled sadly at his daughter. She didn't want to be alone, she was tried of being alone. She'd rather die as mentioned before. Her fist bang against the metal, shouting at her father to let her out. This wasn't supposed to be her fate. Marcus released the pod and his daughter into a new world. She felt weird, her body was trying to lift her out of the seat and she kept her eyes tightly shut. Arva didn't want to view her death.

Once Arva hit the atmosphere, her pod started to catch flames. The whole pod shook, like a bunch of kernels popping in the microwave. She started to hum a song, trying to calm her down. The girl started to feel nauseous as the pod refused to stop shaking. Arva believed that her seat belt was giving up on her. The ship became scorching hot, but before she knew it the ship collided with the ground. Her seat belt held her back from the inertia. The girl fumbled around with all the buttons, switches and latches so she could escape. Arva was gasping for air, her body was shaking. She felt crazy, she wanted to break free from the clothes. She started to slam her body against the door over and over and over again. She grunted with pain and with one finally slam, the door busted open. She fell on top of the door and yanked off her helmet. She tried catching her breath and crawled across the dirt.

Dirt.

Avra yanked of her gloves aggressively and stuck her grimy fingers into the dirt. She let out a breathless laugh and rubbed the content between her fingers. She managed to control her breathing and laid on the grass.

"I'm alive." She muttered.

"I'm alive!" She started to scream full of excitement.

The girl yanked off the baggy suit that was partly charred and felt a refreshing breeze across her body. She turned around towards the flaming pod to try to retrieve all the supplies she could muster up before they disintegrate. She ran through the forest, with a bag slung over her shoulder of everything her father gave her. After a few hours of jogging, she stopped near the creek and sat down, washing her body from the dirt she gathered up.

She made it.

Arva was the first person to walk on Earth within the last ninety-five years.

"I did it." She muttered.

"Fuck you outer space and the Arc!" She shouted full of excitement.