I Found || Toxic Fog & Memories

"Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart."    

CHAPTER THREE
Arva gazed up at the stars, admiring how they dazzled in the sky. Even though she lived up in space for most of her life, she could never get bored of the stars. She also was in love with the moon, she'd watch it before she went to bed, or at least that was before she got placed into the Skybox. It took time for the council to debate what should happen to Arva. Although, Arva didn't make the situation any better; actions speak louder than words and Arva wish she could have saved herself from making a simple mistake.

Although, in her eyes it wasn't simple. Her father was ashamed of her decisions, he'd rather send her to earth in an old pod that could catch on fire than to float her himself. It was dreadful, but now Arva was grateful she did the things she had to do. Of course, she never thought she'd end up here, but she did.

Within a few hours, she fell asleep. She woke up to the sound of a hog squealing. She quickly got up and shut the car door. She grabbed a few of her weapons, placing them around her belt. That wasn't the Grounders hunting, usually the pig was dead before it can even blink. Arva quietly walked around the forest and notices the group of boys hunting. Her eyes narrowed down to the girl standing next to the tree. Arva quickly ran to pick up the girl, then before she knew it, a hatchet flied to the tree next to the two girls.

"Arva? Who is she and what are you two doing out here?" Bellamy frowned, walking closer to receive his weapon.

"I have no clue who she is, but neither would you if you killed her with that." Arva grumbled, putting the girl down gently, it ached to see small kids on Earth now.

"I'm Charlotte,"

"I almost killed you. Why aren't you back at camp?" Bellamy questioned the young girl. She expected him to be harsh with her, but he wasn't. It was another teenager, she could imagine the man pushing them up against a tree with a blade pressed against their neck.

"Well, with that guy who was dying...I just, couldn't listen to it anymore." Charlotte explained. Arva frowned at the fact that Jasper was still dying. Bellamy took a long look at Arva as she ran her hands through her hair, gripping it at the roots.

"Where did you come from and when did you leave last night?" Bellamy managed to change the subject with the snap of his fingers, but somehow the conversation always ended up being about Arva.

"I was at my home base and then I heard a pig squealing. Clearly, it's alarming to me because the Grounders will kill you before anyone will know it. So, I thought I'd come check it out. Last night I left when my job was done, I didn't need to be there anymore. What is so special there that I don't have at my camp?" Arva questioned, pretending like she couldn't care less about the man standing in front of her.

Bellamy almost replied with his own name.

Or at least he wanted to.

"Well, it's too dangerous for a little girl to be out here anyways, there are Grounders." Atom broke the silence by talking to the tiny child.

"I'm not little." The girl defended herself, which caused Arva to frown. It sounded like her when she was on the Ark and she was wrong.

Bellamy grew a small grin, pulling out a knife, "Alright then...you can't hunt without a weapon." The man then stole a quick look at Arva with a smug expression plastered on his face.

"Oh Bellamy, if you think I'd travel this planet without multiple weapons, you're wrong." Arva grinned at him, pulling out one of her larger knives.