Chapter 3: We Couldn't Risk It

Start from the beginning

"The guts." I said and she nodded. "I don't know if I should thank you or hit you. I smell like shit."

She laughed. "Come on, Merle might be on our trail."

* * *

We continued to travel for about an hour. Michonne's wound, even though she won't admit it, its getting worse. Every 5 minutes or so she would stop and lean against a tree. I keep telling her we should stop for the night but she insists we keep moving.

We found ourselves at a small shopping center.

"We might find some bandages for you." I said to Michonne. "Come on."

As we were helping Michonne walk, we heard a car approaching. We quickly hid behind one of the parked cars.

"Get down." Michonne whispered.

We bent down so we couldn't be seen but we could see them. A woman with short brown hair came out, followed by an Asian man.

"Clear outside." said the girl with an accent.

"All right, let's take a look." said the man. "Hey."

They kissed and the girl sighed. "It's a beautiful day."

The man took a pair of pilers out of the car and broke the chain on the door of one of the stores. He opened the door and a bunch of birds flew out. He went inside with a flashlight.

"Glenn, get that duck." said the girl.

"What?"

"Get that duck." She repeated.

"Are you serious?" The man, Glenn, laughed.

"Yeah." She said. "A kid growing up in a prison could use some toys."

A few minutes later, Glenn came out with a box of cans. "We just hit the powdered formula jackpot." He said.

"Oh, thank God." The girl said.

"I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners, many mustards. It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it in time for dinner." said Glenn.

"I like the quiet." Said the girl. "Back there, back home, you can always hear them outside the fence no matter where you are."

"And where it is y'all good people are calling home?" said a new voice.

My breath stopped. Merle came out of the bushes and trees with a gun in hand.

I looked at Michonne and she looked just as shocked. Glenn and his girlfriend aimed their guns at him.

"Merle?" Glenn asked.

They knew each other? I thought to myself.

Merle laughed and put his gun down on the floor. "Wow!"

He walked closer to them, but the girl shouted, "Hey, back the hell up!"

"Okay, okay, honey." Merle said, still something. "Jesus."

"You made it." Glenn said, shocked.

"Can you tell me, is my brother alive?" Merle asked him. "Huh?"

"Yeah."

Merle chuckled. "Hey, you take me to him and I'll call it even on everything that happened up there in Atlanta. No hard feelings. Huh?"

Glenn turned his head to the left. I guessed he was looking at Merle's "right hand."

Merle laughed. "You like that? Yeah. Well, I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself. Pretty cool, huh?"

"We'll tell Daryl you're here and he'll come out to meet you." Glenn suggested.

"Hold on. Just hold on." Merle stepped closer.

"Whoa. Whoa."

"Hold up here. Hold up. Hey, the fact that we found each other is a miracle. Come on, now. You can trust me."

I shook my head. Don't do it.

"You trust us." Glenn told him. "You stay here."

Merle chuckled. Then, suddenly, he took out a gun from behind and shot at Glenn. "No!" He shouted.

A window shattered. Glenn moved out of the way and so did the girl. Glenn ran to the other side of their car, only to see Merle held his gun to the girl's head.

"Hey, hey, hold up, buddy, hold up." He said.

"Let go of her." Glenn demanded. "Let go of her!"

I got up to help them, but Michonne yanked me back down. I gave her a what-the-hell-are-you-doing look.

"Put that gun in the car right now." Merle told him. "Put it in the car, son."

Glenn put his gun in the back of the car and held his hands up.

"There you go. Now we're gonna go for a little drive." said Merle.

"We're not going back to our camp." said Glenn.

"No, we're going somewhere else. Get in the car, Glenn! You're driving!" Merle shouted. "Move!"

"Don't." Glenn said, worried about his girlfriend. "Okay."

"Get up." Merle told the girl as Glenn got in the car, slamming the door shut. "That's it."

The car started and they drove off, leaving the box of cans they came for.

I sprang up behind the car, furious. "What the hell?! They needed help!"

"We couldn't risk it." Michonne told me.

"That's bullshit!" I yelled at her.

My mother tried to calm me down. "Relax, Brenda."

"Merle had his back to us. We could've shot him from here!" I continued.

Michonne didn't say anything to me. She walked to the box Glenn and his girlfriend left. She picked it up.

"They said something about a prison." Michonne said. "That's where we'll find their group and tell them what happened."

I shook my head and crossed my arms. "If they kill us for not helping those two, it's on you." I snapped at her.

* * *

We walked for about 20 minutes. Michonne's wound wasn't getting any better. I was not to suggest we stop for the night when Michonne pointed.

"Look."

I turned my head in the direction Michonne was pointing at and sighed in relief. We made it.

I smiled at my mother and she smiled back.

We started to make our way to the fence. There was a few biters trying to knock down the fences, but we walked right past them. As we got to the fence, there was a man coming our way. He had his hair sulked back and a silver gun in hand. When he saw the three of us, he looked at us like we were crazy. Probably because the biters wasn't paying any mind to us.

I wondered how they were going to take the bad news.

~ ~ ~ ~
Another chapter: done. They finally made it to Rick and the others! So, I'm sorry that it took a while. And I'm sorry that this chapter was short.

Anyway, did you like it? Comment your thoughts and opinions. And don't forget to vote! Thanks and see you in chapter 4!

~Marvel890