Chapter 8: This Isn't Manipulation

Young hearts broken in

Stolen parts, secondhand

You came, you came around

I was dried up, was broken down

I can't give you love cause I'm loveless-X Ambassadors, Loveless

I think this song matches Jordan soo much I can feel it spiritually. Take a peek at the pic above! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! THEY MEAN SOO MUCH! Inline comment it up! I love those too!

Korali's Pov.(Sorry its unedited. If it doesnt make sense I'll fix it later)

I wanted to go the fuck home. I scratched at my sleeve of my shirt wanting to cry. I blinked up rapidly trying to hold back my tears. I clinched my fists and released them multiple times, unsure how to feel or what to do. Jordan was just so damn insufferable.

He must feel a little bit if he couldn't resist my attraction when he said my name. There had to be something there, but he was making this so difficult. There was a form of aphrodisia when that happened, I know it; I felt it. He had equivocation towards me in general. He didn't like to call me his mate I've also come to notice. I don't know if I'd rather have a morose, sardonic, patronizing mate or a hedonist, lustful, player. Those two were the worst.

If Jordan was truly made for me then why were we not compatible? Why didn't he like me? My luck always seems to fail me? Ugh, this is so depressing.

I was hoping for him to be prurient or lecherous towards me when we first met; something common. I wasn't expecting him to have satyriasis or do what those girls assumed happen—take me on the dirt floor in the woods. Although at the moment I'm not sure I would have rejected the idea when I saw his beauty.

He couldn't keep me away forever. I wasn't going to be Cinderella or Rapunzel. I wasn't going to have it. I'm not dumb, I understood that it was dangerous for me to be out when I have a mate with so much power like mine, but either he was going to take me out, Max or Cailo, or even my body guards. All I know is that I wasn't going to be in this house forever.

I slept off my sadness and anger before creeping out of my room careful to not make any noise. Jordan seemed like a light sleeper and I wasn't about to test that theory. I tip-toed towards the kitchen to see Jordan talking to Max.

"I'm unsure how to handle the situation."

"Willingly?"

He glared at his best friend, his green eyes focusing outside. He didn't sense me probably because of my presence seeming so strongly near because of my bedroom's proximity.

I wanted to think he was talking about me but with his next words my hopes were dashed.

"I rather not think about it. It's not forced." He would have said her, if he was speaking about me. I'm sure he would have used my name. I went back to my room and just forced myself to go to sleep.

***

It was about 4 days after Jordan and I's argument and I was over it. Jordan on the other hand wouldn't make eye contact with me and when he did on accident he would quickly avert them away.

Jordan and I were stuck together for a couple of minutes while Max ran to go get Cailo. I was there because we were going to discuss my guarding schedule. Something about sightings. I only heard bits and pieces of the conversation and everyone refused to tell me anything. Jordan would just ignore me, Cailo would avoid the subject, and Max would change it.