Chapter 7: Someone Who Doesn't Belong Here

If you could only see the beast you've made of me
I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart-Howl, Florence and The Machine

The little girl in the field is the pic up top. (you'll understand when you read) PLEASE COMMENT VOTE AND SHAARE!

Korali's Pov.

When he said he'd never lay a hand on me, he was serious. Like he never touched me unless he had to, like if I was disobeying him. Or he had to pull me closer. If that wasn't the case, he never was even around me. He's never kissed me, touched me, hugged me, hell I'm not even marked and I've been here almost a month. He's barely even spoken to me since I've been here and I'm going stir crazy.

Everything was starting to seem super repetitive and boring so I started to venture out. I knew I technically could only go for runs when my guards were with me so I called them out when I reached the forest. Their piercing gazes beamed down at me from in the evergreen canopy of trees and I smiled at them.

I usually asked questions aimlessly into the air hoping that they'd answer one of these days but they didn't. I hated that from 1-3, which was the designated time from Jordan to be my running hours, that they had to stay up there and wait for me to appear—if I decided to go into the forest during that time.

"I'm just going for a walk in human form today, fellas." I mused a small backpack filled with a picnic lunch in my arms. I slid the black bag onto my back and started to walk, my eyes taking in the scenery.

The forest was green, lush, and healthy. The trees were thick and sturdy from root on up, and many of them went a mile high. I then truly paid attention to another fact about Jordan's pack. There was a reason why they were so feared. They had so many skills that no other packs had thought to master. They mastered the trees—which wasn't a normal werewolf's element.

I kept trekking through when I noticed a patch of flowers. I squealed causing a couple of the warriors to pounce out of the trees and around me their eyes searching and scanning for trouble. Their stealthy black clothing was obscuring my vision as they circled around me.

"I'm sorry guys." I spoke softly placing my hand on one of the guys' back. He turned and raised an eyebrow. "I was excited about the flowers. I'm sorry to have alarmed you." I muttered feeling a bit inconsiderate for making them panic like that.

Another one of the 6 men who were to be guarding me eyed me questioningly. "You know you guys can talk to me right?"

"Alpha said not to," another voiced.

"Well, Alpha's not here and I hate feeling so alone here," I huffed tears coming towards the outskirts of my eyes. I was putting on quiet a show and even though it wasn't far from the truth, nothing was so bad that it was tear worthy yet. If Jordan stayed on the pace we were at though, I don't know.

I could visibly see their slight falter—which I'm sure came from not wanting to displease their Alpha's mate.

At that moment they decided to introduce themselves. There was Adam, Levi, Collin, Jace, Taco, and Luton (Lugh-tun). I didn't question Taco's nickname; I was glad enough that they were even speaking to me.

"Can you tell me about your pack?" Yup. I always managed to get into a shell only to fuck myself over and get pushed out again. I should have just asked a basic question like where Taco got his name from.

But thankfully Luton decided to speak as the others jumped back into the trees. "We're not trying to shut you out. But you are not one of us yet. So we can not completely trust you. Our Alpha has given us to protect you, but he has not given you to the pack. You still even have a scent of someone who doesn't belong here." He bowed his head slightly before making his way up the brown cortex of the tree.