9- What To Do

I awoke with a jolt. Coughing and shaking. Sam was still by my side, waiting patiently, and still not knowing what to do about my fake seizures. I sat up and out stretched my hand to meet Sam's shoulder.

"He wants me to kill you." I whispered in shock. Sam shakes his head.

"You won't do that." He says. He offers me his hand. "We'll talk about it later."

He led me inside and to a table that was all too familiar to me. It was the one we'd met at. Sitting at the table was Sams three best friends. Introduced to me as Peter, Blain, and Dakota.

"Boys, this is Maryana. She was here last sunday."

"We didn't even see her." Blain said. I raised my eyebrow. He had an accent. Almost distinguishable, but still a mystery. "I am an exchange, I moved here three years ago. From France."

"I see." I replied.

"See Blain here was making a fool of himself when he moved down here, so I befriended him and showed him the ropes. This is Peter. He's an asshole with a big heart. How that's possible, well you'll find out."

"Hey atleast I have a heart. I'm not completely cold." Peter defends.

"And what about you, Dakota?" I question.

"I'm just here, I have no special quirks."

"Bullshit! Your very special." Sam says.

"Like what?" Dakota asks.

"Like..." Sam starts.

"No, no, let him play the guilt trip." Peter says.

"Hey, Peter, don't mind me, but if Dakota thinks he's just ordinary, let him think so." Peter laughs. Sam puts his hand up to stop Peter's game.

"Your a very smart-allec girl." Peter says.

"Seriously, are you trying to act like Mr. X?" Sam looked at me. Shit.

"How would you know how X acts?" Blain asks.

"It's just an opion." Blain makes the 'sure' face. The waitress comes by for the order of drinks. Like always I order a Sangria. Sam says to put it on his tab again. I shine him a thank you smile. Peter rolls hs eyes. The waitress leaves and Dakota speaks up.

"Peter, you are just a sour puss for love."

"Whoa. What do you mean?" I ask.

"Oh, come on! You oughta know you two are in love." Blain stated. I knew this, but never actually put it to test. I mean hell, I'm being forced to kill a man, and he's let me into his home, heart and funds. To say the least I could have seen this coming.

"Come on guys, leave 'er alone." Sam said. They quieted down and the waitress came back with the drinks.

"Besides, who knew it'd happen. Especially to Sam, of all people." Said Peter.

"You are just being an ass. I'm sorry to say, it's not a great first impression." I imply.

"Where did you find this girl?" Peter asks. Sam points to the table behind us.

"Sitting right there, all alone." I laughed.

"I told him when I came to the table I am very opinionated."

"Did you have to sign papers to own her?" Peter asks sarcastically.

"Shit!" I said aloud.

"What?" Sam asks.

"I have to sign papers with my initiators! Shiiiit!"

"Then let me take you." He demanded. "Sorry boys, gotta wrap it up early."

"Nice meeting... most of you. Thanks for the opportunity." I say.

************************************

As I stepped out of the car, Ms. Turner stood at my door with her arms crossed and her hair in a tight, business woman bun. I smiled as cautiously as I could.

"You're late." She states.

"Yes, I'm really sorry. Please come in." She sighed and entered, taking her heels off. "You can leave your shoes on."

"No, I have respect for others." She said it with a sarcastic attitude.

************************************

I had Sam come pick me up again, for my car was at his house. He was more than happy to do so. Again, I felt very secure around him, he knew me by glance and I knew him.... well by learning.

Before we went back to Sam's place, we grabbed chow at In-and-Out Burger. He had no problem doing anything for me. I couldnt tell if this was moving too fast or if I was just in the groove of everything.

We were sitting across from each other when Sam questions me about the dream and X's threat.

"He said that, he'd forgotten to mention something last night and I asked how he of all people could forget something."

"And what did he say?"

"He said, since I've grown close to you, he was going to make me "execute" you."

"So have any ideas on how we're gonna get outta this?" Sam asked.

"All I can think of is playing it out until he says Attack." I say.

"Yeah, but he won't say that until he gets enough relevant information to help his game. This was his plan the whole time. He was gonna have you kill me. That is until he realized how much we've come together. He was gonna wait until he said, attack to make you do it."

"More than likely. But why would he want me to do it?"

"Every madman has a sick reasoning behind his twisted games." That is true. You will never know why. "Tell me, Maryana, why would you do it, if you were in his shoes?"