2- Solid As Jello

She had her hair in a simple and delicate braid. The usual. Her hair was a blonde, with light yellow streaks. It has never been dyed or anything of the sort, all natural. Her eyes were a Hazelnut color. She smiled, shyly, which wasn't right.

"There's something wrong." I said quietly.

"You as a dreamer, should have known that. I'm sorry. I'm not thinking straight."

"I know, but why."

"Mr. X." She chuckled. She reached across the table and pulled a strand of hair, away from my face. "I've been needing to say this for a long time. I know who Mr. X is."

"Who, Angela."

"My fiancee...of all people."

"George? How is he...why.."

"He came to me last month, and said he was going out for a drink. And I said 'but we've got drinks here?' And he said that he wanted something different. I asked him if he wanted company and he turned me down. I didn't think anything of it then. But, as you know, I'm not a dreamer, I kept having this dream. In the dream I was running, from who, I don't know. Suddenly I was caught in a bear trap. The same one I've seen George hauling around. Then I knew. So I asked him if he was hiding anything from me. He said 'Ah. So you've figured it out. I knew you would.'
'Figured what out?' He said, that I'm X. He lectured me and what not and told me never to tell and that if I did he would kill me."

"Ang, even if you hadn't told me, I would have found out. So why all of a sudden are you afraid."

"Because, he was presumed dead, and he might think it was me. He might think I told."

"Now, I'm sure..." she cut me off.

"Maryana, I'm not even sure about him now. I don't. Know, if I should leave or stay there with him. I don't. Think I can risk it." She sighed agitatedly. Then once again reached across the table, started at my hair. I press her hand down and pin it back with a snap clip. "Thank you."

"If you don't think you should risk it then don't. Come stay with me."

"Really? Thank you." She paused. "But I think, I should wait it out, and if he tries anything, your place is the first place." I bowed my head.

"Okay."

******************************

That night, I'd had a dream. I was at my highschool. Home of the Hudson Cobras crimson and gold. The school is an indoor campus in reality, but in my dream the school was completely remodeled and instead of crimson and gold it was black and purple. They had their own school store selling clothes and supplies. They had water fountains every 15 feet. I was on a mission to find my 9th grade english teacher, Mrs. Turner. The old compound was still right next door so thats where I figured her classroom still was. So during recreation class, I asked to go to the bathroom. I left and went to the old compound. I walked inside to a little cafe, house getup. There was a woman serving coffee and walking from table to table. I continued to walk foward, confused.

"Are you lost?" I didn't respond. "I see. You were transferred back to Hudson. It was rebuilt and remodeled last year. If your looking for a certain something, you won't find it here. Sorry."

I turned and walked out the door, back to the new campus. Outdoors. As I was headed to my next class, my eyes were fixed on the now open school store, when I plowed my shin into a water fountain. Instead of stopping, I fell right in. An administrator briskly strode over and helped me out of the water, then called for the clothes cart.

There came a kiosk looking cart with a mirror and a black curtain. The lady hauling it was filling in for the hauler. She was of high superiority in the school. She looked frustrated and rightly so. I stepped inside and looked at the slim selection of clothing. There were some thigh length shorts, spandex yoga pants, tee shirts, flannels, and even a dress. From behind the curtain the lady said to hurry she had work to do. So I chose. I had already been wearing a dress, so I grabbed the spandex and the pink tee. I quickly put them on and tried to dry my hair. I stepped out and asked the lady where Mr. Jax's class was. She pointed in the direction, up the strairs to the left. I thanked her and hurried to class. But, lo and behold, I was still on my mission. So I poked my head in a random class and asked where Mrs. Turner 's class was.

I sprinted through the halls then finally to a door that lead into the office. In the middle of the room sat a large round reception desk. I walked through to the other set of doors on the opposite side. When I got through, I faced yet another hallway.  One left and another right later I stood in the doorway of Mrs. Turner. The room was white, with a bit of a minty tint. There were only two pictires on the wall, both had frames painted on the wall with grey paint. A lady sat at the desk at the far end of the room. But it wasn't the same Mrs. Turner from 9th grade. I slouched and spun around.

"Wait, who are you looking for?"

"Mrs. Turner."

"Well, thats me."

"No, no it's not. Excuse me."

That's when my life awoke me and my dream ended.