7- Fool of Myself

I sat at Sam's glass table, holding my head up with the heel of my hand, and tapping my index finger as well. He'd come by multiple times and asked me if I needed anything, everytime denying him. I hate having people wait on me. Well, unless I'm at a restraunt.

Eventually, he came by and asked me to come to sleep. I didn't know where he was referring me to sleep, but I agreed regardless.

"I just wanna be here when he mocks me. I don't know how I act with another person in my dream, but It scares me to be alone."

He obviously doesn't know what to say, so he sits down in front of me and copies my posture. It made me smile, somebody who doesn't even know me, is letting me stay at their house while they're being hunted, and knows it so.

"Whats with the smile?" He asks mischievously.

"Nothing, just a thought I had." I respond still smiling. He slides next to me and pulls my head onto his lap. Is this going the right way? Am I playing him or do I actually have feelings for a man I've only seen once. Maybe the saying "Love at first sight" is really true. Then before I know it, I'm being pulled under, into another helpless dream. To awaken more terrors.

******************************

"You've gotta be kidding me, right?" He laughs. "You screwed him! HAHAHA!" I sit on my bed motionless. "You take your assignment pretty seriously!!"

"Theres only so much information you can gather before the man wants something from you." He's still laughing. I stand up quickly. "X, don't expect me to do shit, if everytime im dragged under, you mock me."

"Don't get snippy, you did it to yourself. So whats new, whore dog?" He asks.

"Nothing." I snap.

"You better speak up, now, otherwise Angela's time will end shortly."

"Just STOP!" I cried. "You're another, Lestat."

"You make a lot of book references, but not many Sam references."

"Theres nothing new. I promise." X laughs again.

"You really think I'm gonna take your word? Your falling for him. I can tell."

"Maybe, I'm acting that well." He shakes his head.

"No, I can tell the difference between fake crush and real crush. And that shit is a sickening real."

"Theres nothing to tell. We didn't even say much today."

"What was said then?"

"Hi, how are you, come to my house, goodnight. Satisfied. You know I get the feeling your just plotting something to hurt the three of us."

"Oh, don't jump ahead! I made a deal with you."

"I couldn't trust you as far as I could throw you!" I laughed.

"Get some actual sleep. I want real information tomorrow." I flipped him the bird as he faded from the dream, as well as myself.

******************************

My eyes started to focus and my ears too. Sam was hovered over me screaming my name. I was so confused, I covered my ears.

"Stoooop! What is the matter!" I scream back.

"You were going into a seizure!" Sam exclaimed.

"What?"

"A seizure. Your body started to shake really bad and you were tearing up. You were taking really short and small breaths. You scared the shit out of me!"

"It's the reaction."

"What?!" Sam asks.

"In having another person in my head, my brain was causing my body to go into shock. It wasn't an actual seizure."

"That's feaking scary, I thought you were gonna die." I smile, grab his hand and shake my head.

"No, you can't get rid of me that fast." He smiled and lay back down. He pulled me close to his chest and kissed the top of my head. I didn't know what to do so I simply closed my eyes and actally went to sleep.

In this dream I saw X screaming at me and then Sam being strangled. He was dangling from a hook in a meat locker. I was crying, palms covering my eyes. I move my hands from my face and see them covered in blood. The whole scene starts to drip with blood. I start to scream as X takes a knife to my throat and pulls it sideways. I drop to the floor.