3- Emergence

I had to go to the library today, there was a meeting regarding my Dreamer initiation. I was so excited to become an official Dreamer. The library isnt too far from my house, so I decided a walk was well over due.

My town was a small one, not much to look at, but quiant within itself. It had it's drama as any town does, but everybody knows everybody and when you need help theres somebody at your side. So I continue strolling down Clock Tower dr. and past the local horse arena, when I pass George, headed in he opposute direction. I keep my cool and nod my head, greeting him. He returns the greeting. I lower my head and continue on.

My stomach churns, knowing George is Mr. X. Then as I round the corner, the library comes into view. When I enter I immediately find the conference room.

"Maryanna!" My mother yelps. My mother and I are Identical. Long brown hair and blue eyes. We both stand 5'10. The only difference is I am skinny and she has a little weight on her. My mother's name is Lulu, but the board calls her Luey..or Lu.

"Hello, mom."

Another thing about Dreamers is, once you are founded as a dreamer, you and the other dreamers must be seperated until you are an official Dreamer. So in my case I was taken from my mother and placed in a home by myself when I was 10. 10 is when kids are given the psychology test. Just a medicine that shows scientists what our minds are made of. Dreamers' minds have a white portion which is reserved for lucid dreaming and memory. Mine was much larger than my mothers.

"You ready. You may be the first Dreamer to ever be initiated early."

"Wait, what? I can't."

"The psychology ward has made an exception because your white area is the largest they've seen since World War 5. Well that's what the meeting is about..so I will say no more. Come come."

In the room there was a long oval shaped table made of cherry wood. At one end sat the head of the psychology department. Next to him sat a lady with medium length brown hair. She reminded me of the Mrs. Turner from my dream last night. Lets hope she wasn't. Next to her was my houser, across from the Mrs. Turner look-alike sat my mother, then me.

"Glad you could make it." Said the man up front. "Incase you don't know, I'm Dr. Jason Cortel. This is Dr. Anne Turner. And you know your houser Ms. Dolly Loot. Do you know what the meeting today is about?"

"I have a hunch."

"Well, it's about your Official Dreamer initiation. Now I know it's very early, but over the last two years we've seen substantial progress through your dreams. So far every one you've had has been true all but the one you had last night. With you, your white area has been more complex than any we have seen so far. We want you for more than just an 'Official' Dreamer. We want you as a Master Dreamer. Of course you wouldn't be a Master Dreamer immediately, you'd have to go through training, but it's still a great offer."

"Are you speaking about an early initiation?"

"Yes, and no. You'd be initiated the same time as the others, but you'd be skipping the Official's training and straight to Master's." I looked at my mother. She smiled at me.
"Look I can understand if you'd. Rather take the normal course. That's a big jump to take. But again, it has it's upside."

"Would that mean, that I would be doing training while in school and then go to masters?" Jason replied to me.

"Yes, I do believe that would be the case." I paused. Dr. Jason looked at me, then he continued. " I can understand if this is a hard decision to make, this is a big jump." I sighed and lean back in my chair, my mother looked at me as well as everyone at the table. I couldn't say I was getting dizzy or sick but I was getting overwhelmed I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I sat and thought about my answer. I was becoming short of breath so I tried to stand up as fast as I could, if only I had been faster. I apologized for not giving them an answer, that I needed time and that I had to go immediately.

******************************

That night I lay in my bed thinking about the days details and I tried to think about the decision that I would make. But as I lay trying to think about those my eyes suddenly grew heavy and I knew my dream was about to come.

******************************

When I entered my dreamscape I knew exactly what I had to do. I checked all 4 corners in my light blue bedroom, where four identical mirrors sat. They were a security addition. When I entered the dreamscape, I could look at all for mirrors and know that I was dreaming because my picture wouldn't be crystal clear as it would in reality. I sat up straight, left the bedroom and went towards the living room. Each room after the bedroom would have three walls that are nothing but mirror and one solid wall. Another added security. but when I entered the living room there was a reflection on one of the walls, that wasn't my own. In the mirror was a man with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I knew who it was immediately.

"Maryana." He said with an almost deep, gorgeous voice. I simply refused to answer him.
"Not answering, will not help you out here, dear. So I will continue."

"I can make you leave whenever I want!"

"See that's where you're wrong. I'm pretty sure I brought myself into this dream."

"That's not possible."

"Actually, when you fell asleep, is when I entered this dream. And since I'm here as well, it's not my dream, or your dream. It's our dream."

"No. Your just a figment. Your my subconcious."

"Let me put it to you this way, you know as well as I know that if I was part of your dream then you'd be able to pass through me. Right? So come, come here. Hit me." I stand still trembling. "Oh come on. Due to the shared dream boundaries, I can only hurt you so much. So come on."

"No, I believe you." He laughs at me.

"Do you? Or do you still doubt that I'm real."

"No, I don't doubt you."

"Good. Now you know who am right?"

"Yes."

"What's my name?"

"X."

"That's not what I asked! What is my name?"

"George."

"Good girl. Now we can continue our conversation."

"Why are you here?"

"We'll get to that soon. So, you know that I've committed many crimes, and it's nothing for me to commit another. Which is where my rules come in. I will ask, because I've been told you get better results if you ask, and if you refuse it will be forced. Okay? Now why am I here? I've come to ask, without much choice for you, to help me. I have found a particular target that has more than sparked my fancy. But he's curious, anal, and particularly wanton. He's looking for love and I need bait."

"What!? No, I will not be your partner in crime! I have too much to work for."

"You must have forgotten the rules, that have just been enforced, already."

"I will NOT help you!" George stands and rushes me with an open hand. He grasps me around the throat and begins to rasp at me.

"If I can't force you, I will kill Angela and then you."