Chapter 5. Kumogakure.

I would be lying if I was saying that I wasn't scared. I slowly entered the room, my head looking down at the floor. I didn't want him to see the fear in my eyes. I continued to walk forward at a slow pace until I was halfway between the door and the Raikage. I looked up to meet his glaring gaze. He was a tall, muscular man with light blond hair and goatee. He was wearing a white robe that was open displaying his muscles, and a yellow Kage hat. He wore giant gold weights on his arms and a big gold belt to match.

"Well." He grumbled. "What do you want."
I jumped back a bit and then held up the papers. "Excuse me,...I just moved here from Cha no Kuni to work in a restaurant as a chef.  I was just wondering if you could sign these for me." He motioned to one of his subordinates to get him the papers. A young man around my hair with blond hair and dark eyes moved forward. Our eyes locked as he took the papers from me. He gave me a small, sly smile and turned back to the Raikage. I looked down, my hair covering my face. I admit I was blushing.

The Raikge muttered to himself as he carefully filled out the papers. I glanced up and saw the blond guy staring at me smiling. I quickly looked down again. The Raikage quickly flicked over the sheets then held them up. "Here." He said holding them out along with a set of keys. The blond guy stepped forwards again and took the paper and keys out of the Raikage's hands. He turned back to me and held out the papers with the keys. I reached out to take them from him. For a second our fingers brushed off each other. I blushed even more.

"Umm....sorry." I stuttered. "Do you have a map of the village by any chance?" I asked knowing that I must of sounded stupid. The Raikage looked fed up. He turned to face his subordinates. "Cee, Darui, one of yous show this girl around."
"I'll do it." The blond guy quickly said. I didn't think it possible but I blushed harder, my face was all hot and sweaty.

"Ok don't take too long. We have a mission later." The other guy said. "Don't worry I never miss a mission." The blond guy replied. He turned to me and we walked out of the Raikage's office. When I finally got out to the hall I let out a long sigh.
"Phew."
The blond guy started laughing. Did I do something?
"You looked so worried in there. He may look tough but he's not gonna hurt you." He said through his laugher. "My name's Cee by the way."
"Oh um I'm Mei." I whispered, looking away.
"So is there anywhere you need to go in particular?" He asked. Even though I couldn't see him I could tell he was staring at me. "Um here." I said pointing at an address that was on top of the pile of papers. "Oh that's not to far away from here. You live near me too." He remarked. I turned to look at him. "Umm can you show me there then."
"Oh yeah follow me."

__________________________________________________

The walk to my new house was...well awkward. Cee kept asking me loads of questions about myself. I struggled to make up answers the actually made sense. We eventually reached my new house. It too, was on the side of a mountain like every other building it seemed. I thanked Cee and walked up the steps. Unfortunately for me he followed.

"Nice house? How'd you afford this. You said you were a farmers daughter?"
Shit please stop asking questions.
"Oh my village is paying for it because......ohhhh" I wasn't sure how to put it. All Hiashi said was that they had got me a house, he never told me how Mei got the house.

I took the keys and unlocked the door. My room was already furnished which was a relief. I had quite a nice view of the Main Street of the village from the sitting room. I had a quick look around. It was one storey with a kitchen, bathroom, sitting room and bedroom. It wasn't big like my one at home but it felt cosy. Cee had followed me in again.

"Ummm...." I mumbled looking at him. This was the first time I had properly look at him the face. He had good facial structure, dark eyes, playful smile, cute nose and blond hair. He was well....cute.
"Oh I'm so sorry." He blushed. "I didn't mean to follow you in."
"It's ok....Would you like seem tea, to thank you for showing me here." I asked walking into the kitchen.
"Yes please if it's no hassle." He laughed walking in behind me and taking a seat at the table.
I got out two mugs from the press and went to fill the kettle up.
"Oh!" I exclaimed.
"What's wrong?" A concerned voice asked from behind.
"I'm sorry I have no teabags. Or food to offer you."
He laughed. "It's ok I'll take you shopping later."
"But I thought you had a mission." I said.
"Oh well I can't have you starving now can I!" He smiled looking right at me. I quickly turned away and blushed. Why do I keep blushing?