Chapter sixteen ~ long walk

Hey not edited…hope you like it. Please give feedback!

Last Time

I have Chris back. Nothing can go wrong now.

Chapter Sixteen ~ Long walk

I opened my eyes to a harsh sunlight. Morning already? I shifted my body before I sat up on the floor. Chris laying beside me still in a deep sleep. “Chris…” I said softly as his eyes fluttered open. “Anna…” he said while beaming at me. “Thank God I thought it was all a dream,” Chris’ hands enveloped mine. “Whats the plan?” I questioned as I got up.

“We get enough food, water and fire wood for the next few days, find the truck and start driving…there’s too many dangers out here…come on.”

*          *          *

After collecting enough supplies for a few days we walked through the bushes and grass until we reached the truck. Getting a closer look at the truck we saw the damage. I couldn’t tell if it was the troops doing or animals, but the tyres and frame of the car was ripped apart. We ran to the truck inspecting the damage. “Dammit!” Chris shouted kicking the tyre. “We can’t drive this…” Chris stated. “Come on grab a bag, pack only what we need…” Chris threw some food, bottled water and spare clothes, a blanket and two books into one bag, and in another he handed me some sharpened rocks, wood, and a book. “Come on…” Chris said as he threw the rucksack over his shoulder and we started to walk further into the unknown land.

We had been walking for at least 4 hours, on the dusty land, seeing no sign of life or shelter. This land was empty. We soon got tired. “Okay Anna, you need to rest your walking slower and slower with each step. We’ll camp here for tonight…” Chris threw the rucksack onto the floor, and stared to create a fire. “Come on Anna, sit here, get warm.” I sat next to Chris and welcomed his comforting arms. “What now I?” I asked, with hope in my voice. “We keep on walking until we can find somewhere safe…it’ll be okay Anna, as soon as we’re safe…we can live…we can build a house, I’ll cook every night and I’ll always sleep by your side…our life…it’ll be soon Anna I promise.” I laid my head down on his shoulder and imagined the idea of a future, questions ran through my mind – will we ever be safe? Is it possible to have a life? Will we always be on the run? The only thing I did know was no matter what Chris would be by my side.

Hope you liked it! Comment bellow.