Chapter Ten ~ dream a little dream of me

Hope you like it. Sorry it's short.

Last Time

"I love you Anna, I always will, I found you as promised." His lips were itching above mine, it was almost torturing. I stood on my tip toes, and brought my face closer to Chris' "I love you too Chris." I said as I finally allowed my lips to touch Chris'.

edited 30/5/14

Chapter Ten ~ dream a little dream of me

It felt odd to finally remember. I sat in the chair looking at Chris, I could tell he was happy about me remembering. I admired him; how he had to wait for me for so long, how he never gave up on me. I could feel my heart expand with joy and pride due to the love he had for me.

I titled my head to the side and watched carefully as Chris skinned and gutted a rabbit. The way his posture was rough and strong. He still looked the same as he did in the life before, except this time his features were sharper. No matter what he was the Chris I knew and loved, I could feel it. Once Chris had done he walked over to the fire where I was lounging on the sofa. Chris put the rabbit on a spit hanging above the fire. The crackle and snap of the flames comforted me as I embraced its warmth. The sofa groaned and dipped when Chris sat beside me, as the sofa balanced his weight. It wasn’t that he was heavy or fat; it was the fact that this sofa could fall at any minute in its condition. Chris turned his head to address me. He took no time in taking my lips between his as he smirked. “I’ve missed that…” He sighed. “Come on you need to eat,” Chris stated as he leaned forward and ripped the cooked rabbit off the spit. He handed me a small plate which was filled with greenery and rabbit meat I ate it in content as I satisfied my hunger. “You need to rest.” Chris said breaking our comfortable silence. I jolted away from him as I sprinted to the comfortable mattress which had been calling to me. I took off my shoes and sat on the mattress, Chris stood awkwardly in front of me. “Erm…” He rubbed the back of his neck. “Do you want to get changed…I mean in the bathroom…” I smiled at him, how sweet he was.

“Okay,” I took the pile of clothes he offered me as I walked into the bathroom. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and changed. I felt refreshed. I went to the bathroom before walking out feeling like a new person.

Chris was still stood awkwardly waiting my return. I smiled as he fumbled with jean pocket. “What’s on your mind Chris?” I asked awaking him to the world.

“Erm…well…” he stuttered like a small child.

“What is it Chris, just say it…”

“What are we going to do about sleeping arrangements?” Chris questioned while nodding to the double mattress laid out on the floor.

“Well…” I thought it over a second before pausing. Did I feel like I was fully the old Anna? I mean I remember who I was and everything, but the feelings aren’t still fully there. Could I trust Chris? I blinked a few times.

“Okay.” I said breaking the silence. “We’ll both share the mattress, I mean we were married once…but that doesn’t mean any funny business,” I said firmly while pointing my finger at his chest. Chris nodded and chimed in agreement.

I laid down as did Chris. He shuffled on the mattress as he got comfortable. I looked over to him and saw the rugged looks I’d always admired, and his relaxed posture. I shifted on the mattress as I pulled the thin cover over us. I shifted again, I couldn’t get comfortable. I felt the cold breeze of wind enter the cave and I shivered. It can’t hurt can it? I wondered. Oh hell with it,  I shifted closer to Chris and hid my head in his chest, this warmth radiating onto me. “Goodnight Chris.” I sighed in content. “Night Anna.” Chris said as I finally closed my eyes and let my dreams take me.

The song dream a little dream of me by The Mammas and Pappas. Hope you liked it.