Chapter 19- The News

AMANDA'S POV

I decided that I should talk, he already told me he wouldn't be letting me go anytime soon. Louis stood up and walked towards me. He placed his hand on my face and forced me to look at him.

"What are these from?" He asked tracing his fingers over the cuts on my face.  

"The trees when I was running." I replied quietly.  

"Are they from the blond kid?" He asked, he completely ignored my answer.  

"No, he wouldn't do that, they are from the trees." I replied.

Louis gazed into my eyes, he was probably making sure I was telling the truth. He pressed his lips to my forehead before he sat back down. Louis kept his gaze on me as he sat down. He wasn't smiling or smirking or even frowning, he was just staring at me and it was rather uncomfortable. I moved uncomfortably as he chuckled at me. He stood back up and picked me up bridal style. He carried me back into the living room before he sat down on the couch with me in his lap.

I felt him press his lips to mine. He was smiling as he kissed me. My eyes slowly fluttered shut as I started to kiss back. I like Louis when he wasn't angry and right now he wasn't angry. After a minute I pulled back and climbed off his lap.

Louis frowned as I did but I just ignore him. I turned on the television and the news was on. I didn't even care what we watched so I just watched the news. They were talking about the land use conflict going on in the Amazon Rainforest so I just listened. A smile crept across my face whenever they showed a picture of a cute animal on the screen.

"You're so cute." Louis said, I hadn't even realized he was watching me the whole time.  

"T-thank you." I stuttered as a blush crept across my cheeks.

He poked my now pink cheek with a smile before I turned my attention back to the television screen. They were now finished talking about the Amazon and they were now talking about an attack nearby. I listened as they described what they believed happened. I was rather nervous to know someone was attacked near us. They showed a picture of the person who was attacked, it was Niall before he was attacked. They then showed a picture of Niall in the hospital now, he looked terrible. He was bruised and he had a large bump on his head from where he hit his head but at least he was alive. I started crying just at the sight of him in the hospital.

Louis was trying to comfort me as I cried into my hands. I was crying so hard that I couldn't even hear what they were saying on the television. After awhile I slowly stopped crying. I turned my attention back to the lady on the news. They were still talking about Niall but his picture wasn't on the screen anymore.

The lady stopped talking about Niall and was now talking about the attacker. They didn't know who attacked him but they were looking for who attacked him. They were looking for Louis and if they found him they would surely take him to jail. Tears started streaming down my face again. Louis hugged my tightly as I cried. I never have cried this hard for this long. Not only did Niall get hurt because of me, Louis might go to jail and get taken away from me because of me. Louis turned off the television before he wrapped his arms around me again.A small yawn escaped my lips as cried.

"Are you tired?" Louis asked.  

"Yeah." I replied shakily.

Louis stood up and picked me up bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his chest as he walked. He carefully set me down on his bed. I felt the bed dip down slightly as he got in next to me. He pulled the covers over us. I felt his arm wrap around my waist and pull me close to him so we were spooning. I was too tired and upset to do anything though.