Hospital

(A/N: I got this idea from one of @/lucayalovesyou's edits on instagram. If you don't follow her, I totally think you should!)

    "Where is she? Where's Maya?" Shawn asks Corey and Topanga as he slams the waiting room door behind him. "Where is she? Is she okay?"
    "Maya's fine Shawn. She's inside resting with Lucas," Topanga says trying to calm him down.
    "With Lucas?" Shawn says putting his hand over his mouth. "Oh my God."
~
    "Riles, what's Lucas doing here?" Maya asks after waking up.
    "I don't know Maya, he's your boyfriend," Riley responds.
    "You do know I can hear you guys," Lucas says from the window seat.
    "We know but you get all cute when you're upset," Maya says giving him a smile. Lucas responds with an eye roll, but smiles back. Then all of a sudden the smile turns into a straight, serious, and concerned face all at once.
    "What were you thinking? You could have been killed! Why did you even get on the back of that bike! You knew he had only driven it properly once before!" Lucas says standing up and inching closer to the bed. His face was getting flustered and he was getting louder. "And New York streets are dangerous. Why did you do it Maya? Riley called and I was so worried. It could have been worse. You could have-"
    "But I didn't. I'm fine. Josh was just giving me a ride home. And he ended up way worse than I did. I know you were worried Hopalong, but I just want you to hug and kiss me, tell me you're glad I'm safe, and I can go back to sleep. Because that's what normal people do in situations like these, and because in case you didn't notice, I have a broken leg and gained a minor concussion from a recent bike accident I was in," Maya says giggling before wincing and sitting up with Riley's help. She smiles at Lucas and Riley goes outside to take a call from Farkle.
    "I'm really mad you got on that bike," Lucas says, gently placing his forehead on Maya's.
    "I'm really mad you worried so much. I'm okay. I've always been okay."
    "Just let me take care of you this once. Please."
    "Fine. But only because you said please," she says giggling and laying down. "Now leave because I'm going to sleep."
    "Nah, I'm fine right here."
    "Alright Ranger Rick."
~
    "I'm going in there," Shawn says as he gets up. At this point it was around 10 at night, and Corey and Shawn were waiting for Katy to get to the hospital from work. Lucas was stilling the room with Maya, so Corey was sure she was safe.
    "Shawn, I don't think you want to. I mean she's pretty beaten up," Corey says trying get Shawn to sit back down. He knew what happened when the last person Shawn loved was hospitalized because of a motorcycle. He was messed up. Hospital rooms weren't his thing.
    "You're probably right. Maybe I'll just go to the cafeteria and get some dinner. I haven't eaten much today. Do you want anything?"
    "Pudding."
    "Of course," Shawn says laughing and walking down the hall.
~
    "Lucas, you're still here? Why?" Maya asked.
    "I'm taking care of you remember?" he says getting up and walking over to the bedside.
    "I remember," Maya says flipping onto her side to see his face clearer. "If you wanted to be really good at your job, you'd go get me food."
    "What do you want?"
    "You know what I want."
    "Got it."
~
    "Lucas? What are you doing down here?" Shawn asks from the cafeteria line.
    "Getting her royal highness a tuna melt. And you?"
    "Waiting for Katy," Shawn says. He looks over like he wants to say something, but instead he just shook his head.
    "What's up?" Lucas asks.
    "Does she look okay?" he finally asks with hesitation.
    "Do you want the truth sir?"
    "Yes. I think."
    "Honestly, no. She's a little beaten up. But she's still beautiful. And she's still the same Maya on the inside. But no one could touch that," Lucas says with a look Shawn could only describe as love.
    "You can," Shawn says reluctantly. "That girl loves you."
    "Well thank you sir, but I'm still waiting to hear it."
    "It's coming. Promise."
    Lucas and Shawn go up and take Corey his pudding before Lucas goes back to the room with the sandwich.
~
    "Hey baby girl. Are you doing okay?" Katy asks coming into the room with Corey and Shawn behind her. The sight she saw made her almost cry. She had never seen it in action, but she had heard things from Shawn. Lucas was on about one eighth of the bed, his eyes almost closed. Maya had her head on his outstretched arm and was asleep, her arm wrapped around him. "Hi Lucas."
    "Hello Mrs. Hunter. And she's doing just fine. A little sore, but still fine. At least that's what she said when I asked her for the like, 100th time" he says trying his best to get out without waking her.
    "Lucas?" Maya asks, waking up a little.
    "It's okay Maya. Your mom and dad are here. I'm going to get a ride with Mr. Matthews. I'll be back tomorrow with Riley. Feel better, pancake."
    "Okay. See you tomorrow. I love you Lucas."
    "I love you more Maya," Lucas smiled and walked out, Corey right on his heals.
    "I like him," Katy says stroking Maya's head.
    "I like him too," says Shawn.
    "I love him," Maya says sitting up and smiling at the door.
~
*3 days later before class starts*
    "You sure you feel okay?" Lucas asks.
    "I'm good. I've got you taking care of me," Maya says, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.
~
    "Today we have a special visitor due to recent events that have taken place with a student. Please give your attention to Mr. Turner. He's going to be talking about motorcycle safety," Corey says glancing at Maya. She giggles and turns around to look at Lucas.
    "Good, some people need this lesson," he says laughing and flashing a smile in Maya's direction. The next part he leaned forward and whispered in Maya's ear, "I'm glad you're seeing this Hart. I can't have my girlfriend getting hurt again. I worried too much."
    "I know you did. And I love you for it."