Chapter 9

I glanced at the dark windows, the light from the moon barely shining through. It was a spooky night here in the Fire Tower.

I ran forward, across the bracelet shop, across McDonald's, and across that small water fountain that mysteriously gives apple juice sometimes.

Once I was at the small, small, unfortunate elevator, I pressed one button: down.

I waited half a minute.

The elevator doors opened not too slowly, and hesitating, I took a step in. I looked around me.

I wasn't scared. Why wasn't I scared? The huge clock was to the right of me. I turned to it, and looked at it.

This is where the killer comes. This is the part that I get slaughtered, or injured.

Nobody can save me. It's midnight. The water tower is open all night. Probably how the killer gets into the clock before morning and leaves every night.

I stood there, and waited.

The clock didn't open.

My eyes started to water.

The clock didn't open.

I clenched my fists, and hiccuped.

Nothing.

Finally, tears burned my eyes and rolled down my cheeks as I screamed and attacked the clock.

I kicked it, pounded it, and screamed at it for causing such a commotion in my life. For taking people I love, and for causing me not to know myself as much as I thought I did.

I sniffed, then started to leave.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. As I turned around, I saw a girl with dark hair, and brown eyes. She wasn't smiling. She was wearing a black t shirt and blue jeans like I was. She just emerged from the clock. There was a long, long, knife in her left hand.

That girl was me.

----------------------------------------

I woke up screaming.

"What the..", I whispered.

It was just a dream.

What the hell?

That was freaky..

I didn't want to get out of bed. I was too creeped out, so I stayed in.

I thought about Terry.

How was he?

I felt a twinge of guilt. I haven't visited him in a while.

I could picture him, laying in bed, lips slightly apart and feet separated.