Elevator

NEWSPAPER REPORT

27 YEAR OLD GIRL GONE MISSING IN SMALL ELEVATOR LOCATED IN AURORA

SUSPICIOUS DEATH

*NOT* CONCLUDED AS A MURDER YET

ANY WITNESSES, ANY INFORMATION, OR ANYTHING ON THIS CASE, CONTACT THE FBI OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.

----------------------------------

I dropped the gray and white newspaper, and took a sip of my sweet jasmine tea. If I was going to have a wonderful Saturday morning, it wasn't going to be reading up on other people's misery's.

Or scaring myself so much that I can't take a step into the shower alone.

You see, I live in Aurora. I've been in that elevator plenty of times. Has anybody murdered me? Nope.

I'm the type of girl who prefers to stay home on weekends, reading or drawing or simply doing homework, instead of hooking up or partying. I'm the type who will have two good friends, instead of 4 fake ones. I'm not your average 12th grade girl.

Of course instead of all that I could have just said that every morning I read the newspaper and drink a good old cup of sweet jasmine tea. Those words, I like to use to define me.

Actually, my name is Jasmine. That's part of the reason why I envy that flavor so much.

My friends call me Jas, Jazzy, Jasi, you name it. They switch off mostly. Finally, they've settled on Jazzy. Thank god. It's hard to respond to 5+ names.

I frowned after realizing that I took my last sip. Building up the courage to get up, I finally did.

This is a bad first impression.

I swear, I'm not alone.

I have a 20 year old older brother. Yep. 17 and 20. It's a hard life. My older brothers name is Mike. He's cool. He usually stays out of my business, and leaves me alone.

My parents are Chelsea and Isaac. They want us to call them by their first name. While Mike thinks its cool, I prefer 'Mum' and 'Pop'.

I got up from the old fashioned rocking chair, yawned, and doing my famous morning zombie walk, I went up to my small room.

What I saw almost gave me a heart attack.

An orange zombie sat on my bed staring at me, it's eyes poking holes through my soul.

I reached over for a broom, ready to whack it, terrified.

Holy jasmine tea.

I breathed heavily.

What would it do? Kill me? Eat me alive?

Oh, the terror.

I ran forward, yelling my best battle cry.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAERRGHH!"

"Meow"

The little figure jumped out from under my blanket.

Oh.

My cat, Stanley.

"I'm so sorry, Stwan-Stwaann!", I cooed, lifting up a now putting Stanley.

I laughed at myself and walked into the bathroom to shower.