Chapter 31

It was like going to sleep, but not really.

Vivian's body struggled for what seemed like ages, her Crimson hair in her face as she tried to free herself from Jasmine's grasp. Dying was something she wasn't ready for. That no one was ever really ready for.

"Let go!" She screeched, her voice desperately echoing in the dark alley. Jasmine's teeth were tightly clenched. She was furious. She tightened her grip on Vivian, shaking her head.

After what seemed like eternity, Vivan's lifeless body hung limp and fell to the ground. Jasmine furrowed her brow, staring at the dead girl in her arms. She stood up, picking Vivan's body up with her.

"Should have told me, stupid girl," she muttered quietly, carrying the body to the end of the alley. She carelessly dumped the body into the dumpster, not thinking of how it could easily be traced back to her.

It then hit her.

Vivian Smith, her only way of figuring out who the blackmailer was, was dead. She would never speak another word or have another thought. All because of her short temper, her inability to torture the victim for a while instead of jumping right to the kill.

Jasmine sunk to the ground, running a hand through her hair and heavily breathing. She stared at her palms. The hands of a killer. She had blood on her hands, and she always would.

What scared her the most, though?

The fact that it thrilled her.