Chapter 30

"NO! N-NO!" Jasmine furiously yelled, kicking the brick wall in the dark alley located in the corner of Aurora. Hot, salty tears were pouring down her cheeks, and her eyes were as red as ripe tomatoes.

Who could it be? Who was blackmailing Vivian to blackmail her? Why did everything have to be complicated?

"How did I get myself in this damn mess?!" Jasmine shouted at no one in particular. She let out a frustrated scream, one so loud that it boomed against the walls of the alley. "DAMMIT!"

"Hey, calm it down," said a voice, followed by a couple of light footsteps. Jasmine growled. She wasn't in the mood to interact with anybody; why else would she be alone in a dark and isolated alley? She turned around, wiping her bangs out of her eyes. When she spotted Vivian, her eyes narrowed and her frown grew.

"What do you want?" Jasmine demanded, crossing her arms and looking at Vivian expectantly. Vivian just sighed, looking bored.

"I don't want anything. I'm just a little shocked. I've never actually seen you lose your cool like this," she said, a small chuckle escaping her pink lips. Jasmine sighed, shaking her head.

A few moments of silence went by. Uncomfortable, awkward, and annoying silence. The kind that made Jasmine want to turn into a dinosaur and destroy everything in her path. After a moment, she frowned even more.

"Are you just going to stand here and stare at me?" She asked, impatiently tapping her foot. That caused Vivian to actually laugh. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, probably a sarcastic reply, Jasmine walked up front of her and roughly grabbed her by the wrist.

"Tell me... tell me right now, who is blackmailing me?" Jasmine demanded, although her voice was quiet. Vivian blinked and uncomfortably squirmed, feeling the blood circulation on her wrist partially stop. Jasmine was strong, so strong that it was almost scary.

"I don't know..! Let go of me!" Vivian shouted, trying to yank her arm away. Jasmine furrowed her brow, a new look her eye. She gripped her wrist tighter.

"Tell me," she repeated through clenched teeth, her face turning red from anger, "Tell me now, or you'll regret it." Vivian bit her lip.

"I said I don't know, Jasmine. You're going to have to figure that out yourse-" Vivian cut herself off and let out a loud, blood curling scream as Jasmine's cold hands tightened around her neck.