"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas. Since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice, one slip and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."

   "You-you've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac began feeling even more scared. I could hear how fast his heart was beating.

   "Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." I got my claws out, but Derek stopped me. I was so furious at Peter that I wanted to threaten him a little, but then Derek...

   "Calm down, you know he's all talk." Derek whispered to me. I looked at him and gave him a small nod, replacing my claws. I let my body cool off as my anger made me reach a boiling point.

   "Wait, does that mean that you-" Peter dug his claws inside Isaac's neck. His eyes flashed blue. We were waiting to get a response from him, which took a few of minutes. We were too damn focused to even speak. We tried to read his face expressions and the sounds he made.

   "Wait, I see them." Peter suddenly called. He seemed a little scared and after a few short moments he removed his claws from Isaac's neck.

   "What'd you see?" Derek asked him, I could sense how worried he was.

   "It was confusing. Umm, im-images. Vague shapes."

   "But you saw something."

   "Isaac found them."

   "Erica and Boyd?" What? Where did Derek send Isaac? Oh, just as my body cooled off, he gets me boiling hot from anger again.

   "I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses."

   "But you did see them."

   "And worse."

   "Deucalion." Derek answered. He sent Isaac to Deucalion?? I can't believe him! Deucalion would've killed him without blinking...

   "He was talking to them... Something about time running out." Peter added.

   "What does it mean?" Isaac asked.

   "He's gonna kill them." Derek informed. I'm still shocked Derek had put Isaac into so much risk.

   "No, no, no, no, no, he didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd all be dead."

   "The next full moon?"

   "Tomorrow night."

   Scott called Derek and I to come to his school. Lydia and Allison have identical bruises and he wants us to see if it's some kind of a sign or symbol related to Erica and Boyd. I still didn't get to talk to him about this, but I already understood he sent Isaac to where Deucalion is, and he's holding there Erica and Boyd.

   "I don't see anything." Derek told him as we looked at Lydia's and Allison's bruises.

   "Look again." Scott requested.

   "How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?"

   "It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same."

   "It's nothing."

   "Jade?" Scott asked me. He seemed as if I'm his last hope.

   "It's familiar... But I can't remember from where." I replied.

   "Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia commented.

   "They're trying to help." Scott told Derek who wasn't approving of them. He dislikes Lydia and Allison.