Chapter Twenty Seven

Dinah's P.O.V

"Hurry up Dinah, we all know what happens when we turn up late to our English class. If you want to avoid another long ass lecture on how we have to be more responsible because we're seniors now, I suggest you get your ass out of bed." I was rudely woken up from my deep sleep.

"Fuck off Demi. That old hag can wait for me." I groan out, pulling my blankets over my face.

"I don't want to be late though. I actually want to pass my senior year. Get up." She ordered firmly. I couldn't see her right now but if I could, she would most likely have that little frown on her face that is constantly there because of my stupid actions.

"Fine. Calm your pretty self down." I say through a yawn, throwing off my blankets and opening my eyes tiredly.

I got ready as fast as I could, knowing that we would be late anyway. We walked out of my dorm, wrapping my arm around Demi shoulders as we walked down the hallway towards our class.

I look away awkwardly when I make eye contact with Camila. I tried to speed up my already fast pace but Dinah just tugs on my shirt to make me slow down. I could hear Normani and Lauren both start bitching about me, probably about the fact that I'm with Demi.

It's funny how last year no one could imagine Camila and Normani being nice to Lauren but now they are the power trio of the school. It's weird seeing Lauren without Ally though. Ally finally graduated last year and I've never heard from her since... not that I expected her to actually keep in contact with me because I treated her, and everyone else, like crap after Y/N left.

I lost my girlfriend and my best friends.

Demi and I walk into our English class and were met with the harsh glare of the teacher.

"Dinah and Demi, how many times do I have to tell you two that coming late to class isn't going to help you pass senior year. You're graduating soon so you might as well put in a little bit of effort." The teacher scolds us.

I can't wait to graduate. Maybe I can find Y/N then...

WAIT.

NO.

Let her go. Fuck. Stop thinking about her. You've had plenty of months to get over her.

"It won't happen again." I mutter to both the teacher and to myself to try and get rid of the stupid thoughts in my head.

I'm over her.

"Come on babe." Demi grabs my hand and pulls me over to our usual desk.

I roll my eyes at her, snatching my hand out of her grasp before slumping down into my seat and getting ready to tune everyone out for the rest of the class.

xxxxxx

"Aye chipmunk, pass me the water bottle." I gesture towards one of the water bottles that were on the grass.

"My name's Bea, not chipmunk." The blonde girl huffed out but passed me a water bottle anyway.

"Same thing."

"Whatever." She grumbles, walking away from me and moving closer to the class.

"Come on ladies. It's time to work up a sweat today. Everybody is participating and I don't care about what crappy excuse that you've come up with to try and get out of this. You have a sore leg? Go hop around the oval on your good leg. You're dying? Your classmates will run you around the oval a couple of times before you can even reach your death bed. Run three laps of the oval to warm up. Go!" Ms. Hals ushered us towards the oval.